Russia

• Thread starter Serbo-Spanish Wonder SRB
  • Start date

West Saxon

I loved their performance yesterday. They just dug in and said to Spain "you're not getting past us" and took them all the way and beat them. Fantastic. The quarter-finals is a huge achievement, and they have an underdog's chance against Croatia.

Morten

Great tournament for them, on another day it would have been them in the semi-finals, anyways, quarter-finalist taking it into shootouts is way beyond expectations of the hosts.
Yeah, trophy wont actually be coming home, but they can be proud of what they have done. Great atmosphere on the stadiums too, they care about football over there, clearly.

Will be entirely different in Qatar(do they even have a team?), in addition to buying their way into hosting it, they have no culture for football at all.

Theconomist

Great tournament for them, on another day it would have been them in the semi-finals, anyways, quarter-finalist taking it into shootouts is way beyond expectations of the hosts.
Yeah, trophy wont actually be coming home, but they can be proud of what they have done. Great atmosphere on the stadiums too, they care about football over there, clearly.

Will be entirely different in Qatar(do they even have a team?), in addition to buying their way into hosting it, they have no culture for football at all.

What knowledge do you have of the country to imply 2.5 people million people you do not know and probably have never met, have no culture of football?
Please educate yourself on things you would like to speak about before voicing your oppinion.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What knowledge do you have of the country to imply 2.5 people million people you do not know and probably have never met, have no culture of football?
Please educate yourself on things you would like to speak about before voicing your oppinion.

Yeah @Morten

How can you imply 2.5 million people have no culture of football? Your numbers are completely wrong. 88% of Qatar's population are foreign workers from countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Philippines, Egyptians, Nepalis.

Now sure, those countries might not be football heavyweights, but I can assure many people there like or love watching football despite being treated like slaves while building their stadiums. Many of those people there working to give their families a better life at the cost of even their own life are very passionate about football.

I cannot say the same about the rest of the 300k population though being the locals where many of them are simply rich scums that see people from other countries as inferior and treat them like shit, and couldn't care less about football. All this is just PR for them. Good publicity.

Got your numbers wrong @Morten

300k which are the actual Qataris out of the 2.5 million population have no culture for football.

PS: Before telling me to educate myself too let me tell you I've met people from Qatar and been in Doha + come from a Muslim background myself if you wanna throw out the racism/religious card at me.

dakt

Man I feel sorry they are gone, but surely they hosted one of the best if not the best world cup!

Home of Barca Fans