Bojan Krkic

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
You guys threw away a 2-0 lead?! Imagine that there's still people out there wondering why you're called Stokelona...

StokeFan

You guys threw away a 2-0 lead?! Imagine that there's still people out there wondering why you're called Stokelona...

Not a fan of the whole Stokelona thing myself. We should aim to be ourselves ;) That said, I do think it's good that we are willing to take some of Barca's discarded youth talent and give them a second chance. Players like Muniesa who were never likely to break into the Barca squad are comfortable top 8 players in the Premiership, his only drawback being his terrible injury problems :(

We're hoping Moha will be the same, but he's very lightweight still at the moment and his biggest criticism is that he's knocked off the ball too easily. Hopefully that'll come with age.

Messi983

[MENTION=19592]StokeFan[/MENTION]: Thanks for all updates.

I'm happy to see both Bojan and Afellay (I always liked him, it's just a shame he couldn't stay healthy during his time here) playing well for you.

As you mentioned Muniesa, I think he had talent to be a Barça player if not for injuries. And based on your post it seems those injury problems still haven't gone away. Sadly for him. :( Years ago I think he could become a great defender, possibly a Puyol successor. Pep also liked him and called him up for 2009 CL final squad.

StokeFan

Another goal for Bojan yesterday. A header...... yep, we're all as confused as you are :D I've never seen him win a header in his life haha, but he took it nicely. Shame the goalkeeper had a nightmare for us, gifted Liverpool their goals. Bojan is back to his best though. It's taken time and it's required a few weeks off but he's looking stronger and healthier. Just hope he doesn't pick up any more knocks before the end of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGmbYnTrTHk

As for Muniesa, he's class. When he's fit, he's probably our second best defender behind Ryan Shawcross. The problem is, when he's fit. You only have to look at his appearance record for us, 19 appearances for us last year. Only 12 this year. He should have played a much bigger part this year than he has. We all felt this would be the season where he properly broke through, but injuries again have held him back. It must be hard for him, because he's a very good Premiership player and if we can just get him fit for a season, he will be on the team sheet every week. I'm glad we gave him a new contract though (2019 now). He is worth keeping because he seems to have really embraced Stoke City, and the fans absolutely love him. We have a chant M-M-M-Muniesa :D He seems to really enjoy the attention and sometimes even joins in himself, but yep, it's those injuries that are hampering his progress. As a ball player though, he's class. He's got the technique of a good midfield player, which is something you don't find in many defenders. I think he needs to avoid any injuries till next season, because he regularly starts the season injured and then he's playing catch up and usually picks up more injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2LL8jxjAw

Butaan4barca

Another goal for Bojan yesterday. A header...... yep, we're all as confused as you are :D I've never seen him win a header in his life haha, but he took it nicely. Shame the goalkeeper had a nightmare for us, gifted Liverpool their goals. Bojan is back to his best though. It's taken time and it's required a few weeks off but he's looking stronger and healthier. Just hope he doesn't pick up any more knocks before the end of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGmbYnTrTHk

As for Muniesa, he's class. When he's fit, he's probably our second best defender behind Ryan Shawcross. The problem is, when he's fit. You only have to look at his appearance record for us, 19 appearances for us last year. Only 12 this year. He should have played a much bigger part this year than he has. We all felt this would be the season where he properly broke through, but injuries again have held him back. It must be hard for him, because he's a very good Premiership player and if we can just get him fit for a season, he will be on the team sheet every week. I'm glad we gave him a new contract though (2019 now). He is worth keeping because he seems to have really embraced Stoke City, and the fans absolutely love him. We have a chant M-M-M-Muniesa :D He seems to really enjoy the attention and sometimes even joins in himself, but yep, it's those injuries that are hampering his progress. As a ball player though, he's class. He's got the technique of a good midfield player, which is something you don't find in many defenders. I think he needs to avoid any injuries till next season, because he regularly starts the season injured and then he's playing catch up and usually picks up more injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2LL8jxjAw

Win header ? That was a free header.

xXKonan

According to Superdeporte, Bojan is a transfer target in January for Valencia.

apparently Bojan is not happy with the game time he's gotten this season at Stoke and might find his way back in Spain.

Barcilliant

According to Superdeporte, Bojan is a transfer target in January for Valencia.

apparently Bojan is not happy with the game time he's gotten this season at Stoke and might find his way back in Spain.

I was critical of him before but I would take him back considering how shit Paco has been.

Home of Barca Fans