Juan Agudelo

One and Only

shake and bake!
Juan Agudelo plays as a striker for the US. Everyone seems to think hes gonna be the next best thing. Just wanted to see what u guys thought about him or even heard of him yet.

Povikas

Brandon
Started watching him from last seasons MLS playoffs, when he was 17 and got his first games for the NYRB first team.
Seems talented and promising prospect.

Last edited:

sMiLeYz

He scored against Argentina too, even shook Messi's hand after the game.

We'll see how he turns out. But his movement, passing, technique, confidence is exceptional especially for a 18 year old. He needs to work on finishing...

Theres another player on the Red Bulls that people should watch out for, Tim Ream. Exceptional passer of the ball for Center back, calm, technical and very good defensively. Reminds of Pique actually ;)

Sodamnsmooth

Is this a serious thread? Agudelo looks pretty good so far though. It will be interesting to see if he can be picked up by a team across the pond soon.

sMiLeYz

He'll ride the bench for a bigger club in Europe, so why move? Stay in MLS a few years until at least 21...

iookram

He'll definitely be one to watch out for. Really impressive whenever I've watched him play. He'll probably wanna go to England but he could really succeed in La Liga or anywhere else.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
yea see thats what i was thinking they also said that about freddy edu? and i havent seen him in the NT anymore

I feel bad for Freddy Adu, MLS completely botched his development. The hype in America was always over the top and he never earned it but he could have been better than he was had he had real training. Now he's playing in the Turkish second division.

Altidore on the other hand moved to Europe at the right time but just hasn't looked impressive at all. Maybe Agudelo is the real deal, he looks like he could be, but I thought that about Jozy too.

KluivertsBoots

I feel bad for Freddy Adu, MLS completely botched his development. The hype in America was always over the top and he never earned it but he could have been better than he was had he had real training. Now he's playing in the Turkish second division.

Altidore on the other hand moved to Europe at the right time but just hasn't looked impressive at all. Maybe Agudelo is the real deal, he looks like he could be, but I thought that about Jozy too.

Agudelo has technique that Altidore could only dream of having at that age. Agudelo reminds me more of Chicharito than anyone else. He has the natural instincts to play the game, and shows a willingness to help in other areas. Very similar to Chicharito.

KluivertsBoots

Well i guess we'll see this copa de oro...

Just to clarify, I'm not saying he's Chicharito right now. I think he is a very similar type of player though and could do what Chicharito is doing in a few years.

As far as Adu is concerned, he was mismanaged by Piotr Novak at DC United. Novak tried to make him into something he wasn't (a winger) because Novak refused to drop the players in Adu's more natural central position. Adu's best position basically is the same as what Messi has played for Barcelona this season. Adu did very well at the youth international level because he was used in his best position, and that's why he was one of the best players in the U-20 tournament that included players such as Messi, Pato, Cavani, etc.

Coaches like Novak in MLS were too focused on what Adu couldn't do (defense) rather than developing what he could do (attack). That kind of coaching is devastating for young players and is better served for when they make it. Messi is completing his game under Guardiola and has been developed perfectly.

iced1776

Henry has taken a special interest in the kid, he's stayed after training to work with him personally on taking on defenders :cool:

Agudelo's skills are way beyond anything Altidore could do, the only thing I haven't seen from him yet is the ability to really solidly hit a shot, although his goal in NY's season opener was nothing to fuss about.

One and Only

shake and bake!
Just to clarify, I'm not saying he's Chicharito right now. I think he is a very similar type of player though and could do what Chicharito is doing in a few years.

As far as Adu is concerned, he was mismanaged by Piotr Novak at DC United. Novak tried to make him into something he wasn't (a winger) because Novak refused to drop the players in Adu's more natural central position. Adu's best position basically is the same as what Messi has played for Barcelona this season. Adu did very well at the youth international level because he was used in his best position, and that's why he was one of the best players in the U-20 tournament that included players such as Messi, Pato, Cavani, etc.

Coaches like Novak in MLS were too focused on what Adu couldn't do (defense) rather than developing what he could do (attack). That kind of coaching is devastating for young players and is better served for when they make it. Messi is completing his game under Guardiola and has been developed perfectly.

yea i got u and i hope he does develop like chicharito itll be good for the US and its soccer

Home of Barca Fans