Angel Di Maria

xXKonan

[tw]993617344017653761[/tw]

Says Atletico knows that Griez is likely gone in the summer and consider Di Maria an option to replace him.

xXKonan

Atletico has been a graveyard for Wingers since Arda Left.

They had the likes of Carrasco,Gatian,Cerci and Now Vitolo and Correa. Correa looks good from what I've seen but Vitolo has been lackluster. Carrasco was talented but he clashed with Simeone and the rest like Gatian and Cerci flopped.

Not quite sure how Di Maria will work under Simeone.

FC433

Martial would be a much better option.
Do not they have an agreement with Rodri who plays as a CDM for Villarreal?

Thomas, Koke, Saul and Rodri should be enough. They should focus on getting actual wingers instead of playing Koke there.

Gelson Martins, Thomas Lemar, Anthony Martial, Iñaki Williams, Mikel Oyarzabal and Leon Bailey should be their targets + a LB.

xXKonan

[tw]994997609445150725[/tw]

According to Veronica Brunati, Di Maria wants to come back to Spain and is interested in both Barca and Atletico, but he wants to come to Barca because with a better chance of winning titles. But right now our priorities are different compared to last summer.

xXKonan

Would be such a pointless signing I don't know where to begin.

I feel the only reason we were after him in the first place because of the uncertainty behind the Coutinho and Dembele deals. We managed to get Dembele and we almost tried to sign Di Maria as Coutinho wasn't coming at the time but PSG quote a price and we said no thank you.

Now that we got Coutinho and Griezmann is more than likely coming, it would be incredibly dumb business to even consider this guy again.

MTL_Barca

I don't see what the problem is. He'd make a good substitute

Yeah but we don't need any super expensive 30yo substitutes. That's the mindset that got us Paulinho and in 1-2 years people will get crazy over him too since he will be even worse than now but still on huge wages and we'll never get rid of him. Same would happen with Di Maria.

We need fresh players not some old guy that just wants to collect some trophies from the bench while earning a huge salary.

JamDav1982

Yeah but we don't need any super expensive 30yo substitutes. That's the mindset that got us Paulinho and in 1-2 years people will get crazy over him too since he will be even worse than now but still on huge wages and we'll never get rid of him. Same would happen with Di Maria.

We need fresh players not some old guy that just wants to collect some trophies from the bench while earning a huge salary.

Paulinho was probably about Barcas best back up player this season and in fact was missed in some of the biggest games and way he played earlier in season.

Could easily see a Chinese team coming back for him in next couple of seasons and getting a decent fee.

Home of Barca Fans