Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Thiago Alcantara

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other player

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I think Thiago tbh, he really is a special talent, plus he's already here, it won't be a 40m transfer to bring him over. Iniesta has plenty of years left so to suggest we need to think of a replacement for him is ridiculous. There will only be a backup for quite a while yet.

Cesc will come in the summer for sure, it's likely he and Thiago will be fighting against eachother for first team chances.

zanela

Thiago is a natural AM. He is most effective probing forward, taking on players, weaving through the defenses, making that delightful final ball and with some outlandish skills and tricks to boot.
He is versatile which allows him to play further back and he's being moulded in to a deep-lying playmaker of late. But that only constraints him. Give him freedom and watch him maximise his potential.

Now coming to the small matter i.e Cesc. For all his arsenal exploits, he cannot dictate the tempo and control the play like our X-maestro. He's been a non-factor in some of the big games i've watched him play. He's found his level at Arsenal. Time to move on..

I propose Alcântara midfield for the future. Rafa-Thiago :cool:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Now coming to the small matter i.e Cesc. For all his arsenal exploits, he cannot dictate the tempo and control the play like our X-maestro. He's been a non-factor in some of the big games i've watched him play. He's found his level at Arsenal. Time to move on..

In other words, he's a choker and he sucks. ;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's really not about Cesc lovers as about Cesc haters. One just needs to read the erratic posts in various threads.
If you really want to converse like that, I wonder how many of you will self-destruct once we do sign him. And then have to eat your own words once he clicks in.
Both players are our future.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Class act there:worthy:

shockey80

Cesc is one of the best players in the world. I dont knoow when it happened but for some reason too many folks have taken a personal dislike to Cesc and conviniently forget everything he has accomplished.

Put it this way. when Cesc was the same age as Thiago, he was a better player. And Cesc has done nothing but improve from that age in every single season.

Now, if it is about the money, then I agree. But to make out that Cesc is in someway an inferior player, that to me is trying to convicen yourself of something that just isnt true.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Cesc is one of the best players in the world. I dont knoow when it happened but for some reason too many folks have taken a personal dislike to Cesc and conviniently forget everything he has accomplished.

Put it this way. when Cesc was the same age as Thiago, he was a better player. And Cesc has done nothing but improve from that age in every single season.

Now, if it is about the money, then I agree. But to make out that Cesc is in someway an inferior player, that to me is trying to convicen yourself of something that just isnt true.
Not at all. Thiago is the true heir of Xavi while Cesc is the heir of Iniesta.

shockey80

Cesc will never be the heir of Iniesta...by the time Iniesta cant play at this level, Cesc will also be in his 30's. The heir of Iniesta is ??????

W

woobie

I don't classify myself as a 'Cesc hater' but I'm still far from convinced -- based on his play both at club and NT level -- that Cesc will naturally fit in and click with/improve Barcelona's play. I just haven't seen it, sorry. He's a marvellous player but...I'm not convinced.

BerkeleyBernie

Xavi's role is to slow the game down and move the ball from side to side into open space. Thiago is more like Iniesta- can possess and distribute the ball, but also an attacker. The thing about Thiago is that his feet and brain and legs are faster than both Xavi and Iniesta. You could see Messi come alive when he started to work the ball with Thiago.

I have a feeling the future of soccer (and Barça) is going to be a bit faster paced. Thiago is going to fit excellently with that.

Elite-BkD

Cesc will never be the heir of Iniesta...by the time Iniesta cant play at this level, Cesc will also be in his 30's. The heir of Iniesta is ??????

Nobody is the heir of anyone. Assuming we wanted to replicate the Xavi + Iniesta combo that we used against Madrid in the 5-0 (probably the one closest to what people refer to as the 'Xavi role' or 'Iniesta role' , though they're often used together in much different ways) then in a few years it'd make most sense to have Iniesta slot into Xavi's role and Thiago go into Iniesta's role. That won't happen though. We're going in a different direction from putting that role of controlling the game as a central passing hub largely on one person's shoulders even now with Xavi in probably most of our games. It'd be stupid to try to come up with a system and keep using it for years and years just making like for like switches as necessary.

Of course Cesc could fit in nicely playing for Barca. When he was 19 he could have started for this side this season and looked pretty great in a pretty good majority of matches.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
In other words, he's a choker and he sucks. ;)

god-haters-gonna-hate-eagle.jpg

all the bitchin' about Cesc not controlling games is nonsense. you do realise he plays for Arsenal, right? and has notched several big wins during his time there vs. United, Chelsea, Madrid and Milan, which is enough of an achievement. he's not at Xavi's level just yet, no, but he's a top-class player with enough potential to someday get close to Xavi (no one will match Xavi).

and Nolan's opinion on Cesc should be disregarded. this is the guy who hated on Piqué until it was absolutely impossible not to. now, if you wanna bitch about him returning because of the obscene cost, then by all means go with it and I may even back you up. but to knock the guy's quality? pull the other one.

Home of Barca Fans