Jordi Alba

Saladin

why not sign Tagliafico the Ajax wonderkid left back? He impressed me lately

Tagliafico is no better than Alba or the likes of Alex Sandro and Grimaldo even. He was shite at the World Cup for Argentina and is often overly worked up, getting yellow cards every 3-4 games. He is decent going forward and average defensively, but has a clear and defined role in an intelligent setup. That's the difference.

Devils

Sell this little rat who only thinks about his own comfort and has 0 ambitions for Barca as a club.

lol people don't understand this sort of logic on here.

When this guy declines (it will be within the next 2 years or so for sure), he's going to be a huge problem for the club. The only thing that keeps him afloat right now is his quality.

His attitude and politicking within the club is just toxic. He's not going to be like Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol etc and step away gracefully, he will leech his starting position for all its worth.

If it were up to me, I'd sign Ferland Mendy (A KILLA) and send Alba to the bushes.

Last edited:

xXKonan

We badly need a good LB backup player who can actually compete with Alba.

Alba still has his pace but he seems to be getting worse when it comes to defending. Often leaving to much space behind and forcing the likes of Lenglet who isn't that comfortable yet at defending wide areas when we lose the ball and he's nowhere near to be found.

xXKonan

The concerning thing is even with his pace his defensive abilities are going to shit.

He used to get shit for his defending back in the early years under Tito and Tata that people wanted another LB. But he improved under Lucho in the 14/15 season and his 15/16 season was good as well. But under Valverde, he's starting to decline in that area.

Either age is starting to creep up on him or he is going the Marcelo route and just focus more and more on attacking as Valverde has granted him the keys to provide the entire width of the flank.

BarçaBarça

He needs a serious competition ASAP. His performances agains Lpool and Valencia were shockingly bad!

Agreed, but I think Luis will be enough - veteran player with high consistent level, who knows the league + CL.

Let's not forget that Alba has been one of the best players in Spain besides Messi this season. 3 games doesn't change that, although those Liverpool mistakes was unforgivable and cost us CL. He can top-perform at least 2 seasons more, maybe 3, imo. So in 2-3 seasons we can buy the next Alba for the coming decade, not now.

The concerning thing is even with his pace his defensive abilities are going to shit.

He used to get shit for his defending back in the early years under Tito and Tata that people wanted another LB. But he improved under Lucho in the 14/15 season and his 15/16 season was good as well. But under Valverde, he's starting to decline in that area.

Either age is starting to creep up on him or he is going the Marcelo route and just focus more and more on attacking as Valverde has granted him the keys to provide the entire width of the flank.

He has just become full Alves, which is exactly what we have needed since Valverde prefers Roberto over Semedo. Semedo could be more quick/barca-style-attacking, but sits on the bench more. That is why Alba being more attacking has been crucial for us.

I would say it is Marcelo-like lack of focus in the CL matches. He needs benchtime in the league as well as soon as he starts underperforming/lacks focus - competition like Luis will give him that.

Last edited:

Devils

lol people don't understand this sort of logic on here.

When this guy declines (it will be within the next 2 years or so for sure), he's going to be a huge problem for the club. The only thing that keeps him afloat right now is his quality.

His attitude and politicking within the club is just toxic. He's not going to be like Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol etc and step away gracefully, he will leech his starting position for all its worth.

If it were up to me, I'd sign Ferland Mendy (A KILLA) and send Alba to the bushes.

lol.

Literally two weeks after I made this post, Alba's meteoric decline begins.

abbbs97

Jordi Alba: "We have been unaccustomed to people winning so many titles"

This guy is getting more and more on my nerves. First, he puts on the worst performance ever in the most important game of the season then he goes and praises EV about him giving him life and wants him to stay because he's scared of another Lucho situation. and now, he's complaining that fans are spoiled because we want more than the league this season.

We need a new young LB to challenge him next season. Otherwise, the chances of him putting on another Anfield performance is high cause he knows he's undroppable.

Home of Barca Fans