Jordi Alba

Horatio

You're welcome
He's good running behind the defense from his LWB spot but if he'd stay forward more different things would be expected from him (dribbling and taking on the defenders) and I don't think he's good at that.

You are right. I am always reminded of that whenever I see Marcelo play. He does have great chemistry with Messi though and finds him a lot in the box.

RMU ReBorn

Marcelo is equally poor defensively but provides so much going forward . Much much more than Alba has to offer . Absolutel bomb breaking through wings and feeding penaldo on platter

Nothanks

Alba coming from such a deep position is good for unpredictability, the small times he played LM/LW he was really bad (being marked)

MIXA

He is like a human pinball machine lever. His sole purpose is to flick the ball back into Messi’s path lol. Although when you have a player of Messi’s caliber in your ranks, looking for him all the time is not such a bad plan.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Great match!

Denis (and that 4-4-2) was blocking him but he came to life immediately when his lanes were cleared.

Leong157

I would try 3 cbs Pique, Ver, Digne . With Alba and Roberto as R/LWB. Since Alba as a defender attack much much better than most of our attackers anyway. And there is no chance Roberto is gonna play midfield soon.

bodi16

The guy to me is a perfect fit LB for Barca style. Agreed, he might have his off days, but when he is on form, he can split the opponent's defense like no one else with his crosses.

Nothanks

alba doesn't play well as LM or LW..

for example today, messi was man marked by 2-3 people
suarez by 1-2
and denis suarez / paco by 1.

there aren't enough defenders to mark alba (few rare times striker follows alba though) ,especially when the ball is on the right side of the field.. try to remember how many times busquets, or roberto short pass the ball to messi a bit after the halfway line, for him to dribble past one opponent while cutting inside to throughball to alba. the defenders are shifted towards the right leaving alba alone.
which is why he is alone half the times in those throughballs.. put him higher and he wont be alone.

xXKonan

It surprises me even before the Red how much space they were giving Alba.

Messi and Him were just tearing it up once Denis was subbed off.

sabby

I would try 3 cbs Pique, Ver, Digne . With Alba and Roberto as R/LWB. Since Alba as a defender attack much much better than most of our attackers anyway. And there is no chance Roberto is gonna play midfield soon.

If we're gonna use the 3CB tactics then Digne wouldn't cut it. We'd need Umtiti. Here's how I see the 3CB line up working :
Barca-3CB.jpg

Last edited:

xXKonan

Read that he didn't train with the group today due to some discomfort but he should be good to go in the classico.

Home of Barca Fans