Jordi Alba

Laplacian

Been watching old clips of old games, Neymar definitely averaged more passes to our RB than he did to Alba. Poor guy won't see the ball again :lol:

serghei

Still cant believe how bad he was in the return leg against Liverpool. If he would have been in form we wouldnt have conceded 2 goals.

He was terrible at the first goal, but the 2nd goal was on Rakitic totally. But I agree that the first goal was a fuck-up by Alba and was what started the comeback for them.

Overall he was put in a very bad place by Rakitic's horrendous game, constantly giving him terrible passes which resulted in turnovers. Rakitic limitations exposed Alba's error-proneness, and Liverpool exploited this combo.

Last edited:
He was terrible at the first goal, but the 2nd goal was on Rakitic totally. But I agree that the first goal was a fuck-up by Alba and was what started the comeback for them.

Overall he was put in a very bad place by Rakitic's horrendous game, constantly giving him terrible passes which resulted in turnovers. Rakitic limitations exposed Alba's error-proneness, and Liverpool exploited this combo.

Yeah we are accustomed to Rakitic terrible playing but Alba was one of the best players in the season and so I expected more from him. I agree Rakitic has made Albas life very difficult with the stupid and unnecessary passes.

kattanib

Yeah we are accustomed to Rakitic terrible playing but Alba was one of the best players in the season and so I expected more from him. I agree Rakitic has made Albas life very difficult with the stupid and unnecessary passes.

Even Coutinho has made Robertos life difficult (sarcastic)

xxxxxx

Even though Alba wasn't the best defender he would at least be able to attack. The guy has lost everything that made him a decent player. He's been shit the last 2 seasons.

xXKonan

It's actually amazing how parts of his game are starting to deteriorate.

He can make those gut-busting runs and have those 1-2s with Messi but other than that the rest of his game is deteriorating. Defensively being more and more fragile, building out the back is getting worse as time goes on as he's giving the ball either getting pressed or just flat out doing something stupid and giving the ball away cheaply.

Right now he's living off what I said above, Making those runs into open space and getting a ball from Messi to give it back to him to try and score and that's it. It's very effective but if Messi isn't there or the other team cuts him off he has nothing to fall back on.

Man I hope Firpo can hit the ground running and provide something different.

Alik

Even though Alba wasn't the best defender he would at least be able to attack. The guy has lost everything that made him a decent player. He's been shit the last 2 seasons.

Nonsense. He was one of our best performers last season.

Tackle

It's actually amazing how parts of his game are starting to deteriorate.

He can make those gut-busting runs and have those 1-2s with Messi but other than that the rest of his game is deteriorating. Defensively being more and more fragile, building out the back is getting worse as time goes on as he's giving the ball either getting pressed or just flat out doing something stupid and giving the ball away cheaply.

Right now he's living off what I said above, Making those runs into open space and getting a ball from Messi to give it back to him to try and score and that's it. It's very effective but if Messi isn't there or the other team cuts him off he has nothing to fall back on.

Man I hope Firpo can hit the ground running and provide something different.

Firpo?

:lol::lol::lol:

What a load of rubbish. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. Especially when you've been spoiled by a player that is the best in his position and have to resort to nitpicking his every fault as he ages.

Alba has his flaws and isn't always consistent, but he is still comfortably the best LB in the world. He would walk into any other team in European football. Is Alba as good as he was two years ago? Maybe not, but he is still streets ahead of his competition.

I vividly remember Alves getting lambasted in his final few seasons at the club as well.

Only after he left did fans truly realize how many levels he is above our current options and many were pleading for the board to sign him as a 36 year old free agent.

I reckon the same will happen with Alba.

Altomonte

Firpo?

:lol::lol::lol:

What a load of rubbish. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. Especially when you've been spoiled by a player that is the best in his position and have to resort to nitpicking his every fault as he ages.

Alba has his flaws and isn't always consistent, but he is still comfortably the best LB in the world. He would walk into any other team in European football. Is Alba as good as he was two years ago? Maybe not, but he is still streets ahead of his competition.

I vividly remember Alves getting lambasted in his final few seasons at the club as well.

Only after he left did fans truly realize how many levels he is above our current options and many were pleading for the board to sign him as a 36 year old free agent.

I reckon the same will happen with Alba.

Difficult to forgive him for what he did at Anfield, he started the whole disastrous evening with his back pass! Also, it's too easy to run by him lately and cross the ball. His misunderstandings with Griezmann last week were amazing - hard to understand.

Altomonte

add ter Stegen to the "Combo". First goal at Anfield he did a "deGea save" and the 4th goal ... - let's not mention it!

Home of Barca Fans