Jordi Alba

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I don't care if he is still one of world's best LBs, I don't want to see him play for Barca again. Sad that he will probably play as a starter for 2-3 more seasons.

PhilS

The sad truth is that if we were going to lose a starter now for three weeks, this is one of only a few positions where we have OK depth. At most positions, an injury now would significantly or disastrously weaken the team. Firpo is at least good, La Liga-level starter quality. Not as good as Alba, but we don't have to dread seeing him start a few games in a row.

sickstar

Just revisited again clip of valencia defeating us 2-0.
Weird decision from setien at that time plaaying umtiti as left back and alba as central mid?

2 nd goal really showed the problem, with a goal started from left flank from a throw in, we saw alba on the left, the same position as umtiti (umtiti wasn't on the wrong position here, alba was), there we could see valencia goalscorer coming from behind, without alba helping busquet to cover, and roberto moving to the left from the throw in position, marking a guy, and not his fault because pique was also focusing on the left. So there you have it, ter stegen can't avoid that.. easy goal.

Andresito

Staff member
I wonder if the club will give up on Firpo after just a year. There aren't many available options at the moment.

Alaba, 27
Gayá, 24
Telles, 27
Grimaldo, 24
Tagliafico, 27

Not very convincing.

I haven't heard anything special from Alaba for a couple of years, but his contract is out in 2021 and Bayern have Alphonso Davies as their main LB with Lucas Hernandez able to play there. So there might be a possibility to get him this summer. He'll be 28 this year but doesn't rely on his pace as much as Alba so he should be good for another 3 years. But as I said, I don't know how good/important he is for Bayern at the moment, only that Davies has been very good as their LB.

Nazario1985

The Medical Staff in this club is hilarious maybe they are all related family of Barto ?

If they rush Alba AGAIN and get injured AGAIN then we need a riot !!!

Just play garbage Firpo and make him stay at the back all time. So some members in the forum think he is good cause no defensive hole was seen :lol:

raedkuwait

Yup thats for all of you asking him to play, first game he playes we lose, he is shit and pussy player, why change a winning formula.

Messigician

He's finished after Anfield. Should be his last game for us. I'm dead fkn serious he's looked half the player he used to be since that defeat

Richard.H

Was not very good going forward which is usually his bread and butter. I know he’s injured but he had to provide more from the left wing. A lot of our goal scoring depends on the wings

Home of Barca Fans