Jordi Alba

Havesaks

Do you consider Alba an all-time great LB for Barca? All though i can't think of anyone better in barcas history (not Abidal, all tho i loved his style and preferred it to albas), its not like Alba will be remembered as a barca-legend, or?

tacticvarium

Do you consider Alba an all-time great LB for Barca? All though i can't think of anyone better in barcas history (not Abidal, all tho i loved his style and preferred it to albas), its not like Alba will be remembered as a barca-legend, or?

I believe Sergi Barjuán is arguably the all-time best LB in Barça history.
He had Dani Alves-esque impact on the left side.
But Alba is certainly a strong candidate.

Last edited:

clemente

Of course he gets a contract extension and people here are complaining, I cannot grasp how can he be so underrated. 5 years contract is very deserved, one of the only players that is consistent and understands responsibility, I doubt that he will slow down any time soon.

Arizona Scott

That's what happens when our most running player has to play every 3 days, and has no back-up for resting. Awful Alba is still better than Miranda/Vermaelen/Umtiti.

Would be nice to start Semedo and Roberto as the fullbacks saturday and only sub Alba in if necc. The United match is WAY more important to the season. Worst case we are 5 up vs Atletico after saturday (effectively 4 up with lost tiebreaker). And sorry, with Alaves, Getafe and Eibar the toughest that come (AtM doesn't have Getafe but they do have Sevilla and Valencia--harder schedule overall), not not too worried.

However a hole in the CL 1st leg, that would be a worry.

So play for a draw/ideal rest and form/ saturday, be ready to go all out midweek.

Home of Barca Fans