Jordi Alba

fergus90

He started the season well but apart from that he's been terrible. He seems very arrogant and entitled on the pitch too at times. He needs serious competition for his spot now.

utility73

Defensive liability but how on earth did he have to try to do the job of Umtiti and Piqué so many occasions tonight. So many times when Umtiti and Piqué were nowhere to be seen.

xXKonan

Reminds me of Ramos, in that he isnt the brightest guy around.
As a Barca fan Alba is one of those players I totally get why other fans of teams simply don't like him.

Such a volatile player, with even the littlest thing setting him off. It's the main reason why I can't see him sporting the Armband along with Suarez. Just two dudes who are to hot headed for it.

Joan

He was good last night. Not very useful upfront but pretty good at the back. I think he saves Mina's day.

BBZ8800

Lately, when I am analyzing some things, I think that our fullbacks are also one of the reasons whey we aren't as great anymore.

In 2004-2005-2006 under Rijkaard, we had a LB Van Bronckhorst, who was more like a winger turned into a fullback.
He was average in defense, but awesome in attack, build up, linking up with Ronaldinho and scoring.
With him, we really played 433 with an extra midfielder.
He was "a false midfielder".

Later we had Dani Alves as a RB.
The same story, except that Alves was even better.
With Alves on the right side, we had 3 Goat midfielders and Goat Alves, so "a false midfielder" again.

And today, we have Jordi Alba.
He is good at running up and down all match, but that's more or less it.
Sometimes he is involved in goals, but in a different way than Alves and Gio.
On the other side, we have Roberto who is somewhat good in buildup, and Semedo who is horrible in build up.

So, basically, we went from a 3 men midfield plus either Gio or Alves, to a 3 men turtle midfield with two meh fullbacks in attacking sense.
Our midfielders are old and slow, and without too much "midfield support" from our fullbacks.

When I look at Real, they also have their Gio/Alves in Marcelo.
A guy is playing as a winger-playmaker lately.
So, Real also has: 3 awesome midfielders plus "a false" midfielder.

I am not saying that we should sell Alba, we have way bigger problems and priorities in our team.
But for the future, I would like to see one fullback in our team who plays like a midfielder again.

So, my wishlist for the future:
1. a taller Cf as a Plan A or a Plan B
2. better midfielders
3. at least one fullback who will act as a dangerous midfielder-attacker in opponent's half and who has some IQ

Let's hope we'll have something like this again one day:

Jombi

Lately, when I am analyzing some things, I think that our fullbacks are also one of the reasons whey we aren't as great anymore.

In 2004-2005-2006 under Rijkaard, we had a LB Van Bronckhorst, who was more like a winger turned into a fullback.
He was average in defense, but awesome in attack, build up, linking up with Ronaldinho and scoring.

With Alves on the right side, we had 3 Goat midfielders and Goat Alves, so "a false midfielder" again.

On the other side, we have Roberto who is somewhat good in buildup, and Semedo who is horrible in build up.

So, basically, we went from a 3 men midfield plus either Gio or Alves, to a 3 men turtle midfield with two meh fullbacks in attacking sense.
Our midfielders are old and slow, and without too much "midfield support" from our fullbacks.

I am not saying that we should sell Alba, we have way bigger problems and priorities in our team.
But for the future, I would like to see one fullback in our team who plays like a midfielder again.

2. better midfielders
3. at least one fullback who will act as a dangerous midfielder-attacker in opponent's half and who has some IQ

Marcelo was bought by Real Madrid for 6m from Fluminense in Brazil. He was 18 years old. Not exactly the type of transfer you advocate to put it mildly. Incidently, the other two players in their backline, Ramos and Varane, were also bought by RM when they were 18 years old.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

2. better midfielders

Ahh, [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] is finally coming around to it. Numerical superiorities...

Semedo looks like a player capable of doing that while being decent at the back but he needs to learn to play with the midfield (which I’ve meantioned in the Semedo thread) because right now he basically only plays with his wing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Fuck that he is nothing special to be demanding that.

Up there with Suarez for his swaggering about as if his shit dont reek half the time.

Looks like his agent is saying the Premier League is tempting for him in a way to put pressure on the club :lol:

Home of Barca Fans