0 Thread(s)

People are boring.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting his new contract until 2022 according to Sport.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One year too much imo. Still better than 2023 as it was first rumoured a few months ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to have him back in training.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like he is deliberately trying to avoid passing to Dembele.

Is he afraid that if Dembele flourish, he will be in similiar situation as he was during Neymar...Makes me wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game today. He plays so well with Messi.

Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    Great game today. He plays so well with Messi.
    He always makes good runs and has good touch, but there is never any thought behind his crosses and squares- they are just hopefully put into the box hoping some teammate will be there. It's futile to think he'll ever develop any brains and discretion; just not part of his skillset.
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    I want to see what happens if Valverde decides to bench Suarez.

Some of these guys claim that competition for spots is good but in reality they fucking hate it so much. Alba is a perfect example of this. When Lucho went with the 3-3-1-3 and Alba lost his spot for the time being, the dude ended up acting like a shitbag because of it and started taking jabs at Lucho during international break and even after Lucho left he was still taking jabs at him pretty much claiming Valverde has it right. I theorize in some ways that this maybe the reason the club is reluctant in giving Alba new deal.

So in Suarez case if he got bench will he be graceful about it and fight hard to regain it? or will he pull an Alba and try and pull rank and force Valverde to start him.
    It wasn't even like that... Alba was never out of form or "benched", even when we played 3 at the back he used to play as a wingback, the reason he wasn't playing was because in the summer we made no RB purchases and Roberto was our big weakness, he is literally the best LB in the world, of course he is gonna fking complain lol. I don't see why Suarez complaining would change anything, either he gets in form and EV lets him play again or gtfo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBernie View Post
    He always makes good runs and has good touch, but there is never any thought behind his crosses and squares- they are just hopefully put into the box hoping some teammate will be there. It's futile to think he'll ever develop any brains and discretion; just not part of his skillset.
    What you are talking about? He always tries to find a teammate in the box and pretty much all his passes are directed to someone. I don't think he has any problems with brain and intelligence. Great player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    It wasn't even like that... Alba was never out of form or "benched", even when we played 3 at the back he used to play as a wingback, the reason he wasn't playing was because in the summer we made no RB purchases and Roberto was our big weakness, he is literally the best LB in the world, of course he is gonna fking complain lol. I don't see why Suarez complaining would change anything, either he gets in form and EV lets him play again or gtfo.
    Neyney played as the "wingback", not Alba

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He played good but many many bad passes.

Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mesiesta View Post
    What you are talking about? He always tries to find a teammate in the box and pretty much all his passes are directed to someone. I don't think he has any problems with brain and intelligence. Great player.
    Playing a pass/cross into the box and passing to a teammate in the box are two different things. He is *not* generally good at picking out a teammate in the box and passing to them. If this were the case, Barça would have a *lot* more shots taken. It's quantity over quality. Some of them find a teammate.
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but also when he's found in positions he usually is there are not many options. He can either pass it back, cross the ball which is useless for us or try to pick a teammate. The later creates more danger. He's no Einstein of FBs, but a very good player altogether.

I mean, even Marcelo would look way worse if his crosses were useless. Not that Alba is particularly good at them, but it'a a tool most FBs rely upon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clemente View Post
    Maybe i didnt understand it right, but are you saying that alba is best LB in the world? What?