Jordi Alba

Joan

Didn't he say he wouldn't ever leave just a few days ago?

Wasn't happy reading that.

Wouldn't blink if we sold him for a proper replacement.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some players you treat differently and listen to these demands.... Alba no.

The club will probably give in to his demands as the LB market is dire right now and we don't know how Miranda will develop. Perhaps if they think they can sign Alaba next year they will play Alba's bluff and let him go, but I doubt it.

JamDav1982

The club will probably give in to his demands as the LB market is dire right now and we don't know how Miranda will develop. Perhaps if they think they can sign Alaba next year they will play Alba's bluff and let him go, but I doubt it.

Dont really need to bow to his demands though.

If anyone wants to pay his clause they can have him.

DonAK

Dont really need to bow to his demands though.

If anyone wants to pay his clause they can have him.

His contract runs out in two years. So they'll either have to give in to his demands or find a replacement. Probably why his agent went to the press too. To put pressure on them.

DonAK

I wouldn't mind selling him next year if we can get a good replacement. He'll be 31 in two years. If we give him a contract until he's 33 or 34 with a high salary we're fucked. The guy has little to his game if his pace goes down.

JamDav1982

His contract runs out in two years. So they'll either have to give in to his demands or find a replacement. Probably why his agent went to the press too. To put pressure on them.

Wouldnt bow to any demands now.

Even if means him leaving for fuck all at 31.

Big contract to Alba to age of most likely 33/34? Fuck that.

xXKonan

Giving him a big money contract that lasts well into his mid 30s, a guy who relies a lot of pace to attack and defend would be the dumbest thing we can do.

He's one of those guys I never got any sort of attachment to him whatsoever. Arrogant hothead who lets the littlest things get to him and he comes off as a total wanker when he isn't played enough.

FinBarcelonafan

I wouldn't mind selling him next year if we can get a good replacement. He'll be 31 in two years. If we give him a contract until he's 33 or 34 with a high salary we're fucked. The guy has little to his game if his pace goes down.

True. That would be smart move from us, so I doubt we will do that. Haha. Barcelona is graveyard for over the hill and overpaid players. Alba will stay forever. Way too long.

Messi983

There were rumours few months ago that he'll get a new contract until 2023 so that's what will happen I guess. There is a shortage of good and even less great LBs available on the market so finding his replacement might not be as easy as many expect but I'm also not looking forward to see him being our starter until he's 35 or so.

Devils

Once Alba loses his pace it's going to be comical.

If he is to extend, I would say add 2 years on his current deal at max.

Wont be bothered at all if we get rid of him and Saurez next year though.

Sorin

I would be all in for a sale of Alba if we could get Alaba, even if he's not the same player as a few years ago. He's so much more complete as a full back that it would be worth it imo. This guy could play as winger/midfielder also, plus he can shoot and deliver a cross. Alba could have Drogba, Bierhoff and Jan Koller in the box, we would still not score any headers with his crosses.

Sorin

He could definitely be an option. I just don't think that he is currently better than Alba. From the matches I saw of him, he's almost same type of player just with less attitude and with a better cross. Don't know if his ceiling is that much higher also.

DonAK

There were rumours few months ago that he'll get a new contract until 2023 so that's what will happen I guess. There is a shortage of good and even less great LBs available on the market so finding his replacement might not be as easy as many expect but I'm also not looking forward to see him being our starter until he's 35 or so.

Fuck. 2023 :O

Why not wait a year and see if Bayern will be willing to let Alaba go.

Home of Barca Fans