Jordi Alba

clemente

Fuck this... He is playing 90 minutes for us every 3 days and is covering insane amount of distance, and now he has to play for Lucho, I think he is gonna get injured this month...

Andresito

Staff member
This is his upcoming schedule:

Sun 11 - Betis
Thu 15 - Croatia (Nations League)
Sun 18 - Bosnia (Friendly)
Sat 24 - Atletico

Hopefully he'll only play against Croatia, meaning he'd get a little more than a week's rest ahead of the Atleti game.

We should be careful with him against Betis as well after the game vs Inter, he didn't look 100 % fit in the second half.

Raketa10

This is his upcoming schedule:

Sun 11 - Betis
Thu 15 - Croatia (Nations League)
Sun 18 - Bosnia (Friendly)
Sat 24 - Atletico

Hopefully he'll only play against Croatia, meaning he'd get a little more than a week's rest ahead of the Atleti game.

We should be careful with him against Betis as well after the game vs Inter, he didn't look 100 % fit in the second half.

It's clear we need to buy a backup for Alba in January. We should try to sign Mendy. If Lyon refuses to sell in January than we need to go for some short term solution but we absolutely need to do something or we might get in trouble. There is no way in hell we'll manage to go trough this entire season with only one LB. Not to mention Alba gets injured almost every season at some point.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
It's clear we need to buy a backup for Alba in January. We should try to sign Mendy. If Lyon refuses to sell in January than we need to go for some short term solution but we absolutely need to do something or we might get in trouble. There is no way in hell we'll manage to go trough this entire season with only one LB. Not to mention Alba gets injured almost every season at some point.

Best option would be an already developed player who doesn't need to adapt.

My ideal signing would be 33 year old Filipe Luis who'll probably perform from day 1 and also not stand in the way of Miranda's development.

Contract ends in 2019, but we need him in january. Last chance for Atletico to cash in.

soul24rage

He looked like he had a problem with his calf vs Inter. For me, I would rest Alba vs Betis and play Bob at LB. Hopefully he won't play vs Bosnia

Raketa10

Best option would be an already developed player who doesn't need to adapt.

My ideal signing would be 33 year old Filipe Luis who'll probably perform from day 1 and also not stand in the way of Miranda's development.

Contract ends in 2019, but we need him in january. Last chance for Atletico to cash in.

ATM won't sell in the middle of season and we won't pay much for a 33y old player. No chance for that happening. We would also need to offer him at least 1,5 year contract and he for sure has very high salary. Not to mention he would have to adapt since playing for ATM and Barca is not even similar. Miranda has a long way to go and I am not even sure if he is the right profile for Barca. He plays more like a CB than a LB to be honest. I hope he develops but I wouldn't bet on him right now. IMHO we should definitely try to sign Mendy if possible.

If Lyon doesn't want to sell until summer than we need to sign/loan some experienced player for the next 6 months. I honestly don't know if there is a cheap and experienced LB available right now. We need someone who would be willing to come for only 6 months, someone who is in the end of his career but can replace Alba for at least 10 games during this spring. If that's not possible than just risk with Miranda and play him in some easier La Liga/Copa games so Alba can get some rest.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans