Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
JORDI ALBA

am428h.jpg

Born: 21 March 1989
Birth Place: Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Position: Left Back

FC Barcelona

Jordi Alba started his football career by training in the youth ranks of Barcelona, but the Catalan giants felt Jordi was too small, so they released him.

UE Cornella

Jordi then went to play with Cornella. Cornella is in the Tercera (Third) Division, which is actually the fourth level of Spanish football.

VCF Mestalla

After one year with Cornella, Alba signed with Valecnia for just €6,000. He would help the Valencia reserves gain promotion to Segunda B (The Segunda or Second Division, is broken up into Seguna A and Segunda B). He would also earn a call-up to the Spain U-19 side that year as well.

Gimnàstic Tarragona

For the 2008/2009 season, the Catalan left winger went on loan to Segunda side Nastic. He would make 37 appearances, starting 24 games. He had four goals as well.

Valencia CF

Jordi returned from loan and started the 2009/2010 season in VCF's preseason camp. He impressed the coaches and management so much that he earned himself a spot in the first team. He scored two goals in his first two preseason matches with the club.

He would go on to have a good debut season for Los Che. Surprisingly though, he spent much of his time at left back, after an injury sidelined Jérémy Mathieu for three months, and the fact that Asier del Horno had been loaned out to Real Valladolid in January. On April 11, 2010, he scored his first goal for the club, in a 2–3 loss at RCD Mallorca.

International Career

Alba made three appearances for the Spain U-19 squad at the UEFA U-19 Championships and helped Spian win a gold medal at the 2009 Mediterranean Games.

I'm pretty sure he would go on to be 'The One That Got Away' or probably to be precise 'The One That We Lost'

Really impressed me. He's got too much pace & an eye for goal. I think he has a bright future :)

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He was really impressive in both the games he played against us. Both defensively and offensively

ledzep

Jordi Alba started his football career by training in the youth ranks of Barcelona, but the Catalan giants felt Jordi was too small, so they released him.
:)

since when have we been so worried about the height? lol

V

Valon

We have far more promising left backs in the coming IMO.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Linked to us...

I prefer Jose Enrique though. Because he is ready for our first team. Alba isn't yet there defensively, but could offer an option for depth upfront

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
There isn't going to be home coming for this lad... We hate few really promising youngsters getting ready for the position he plays in

But yeah, he is a very good player.... And he fucking hurts us always

ZeeMessi

Hopefully when Abidal hangs up the boots :p. Looked good in the Scotland game and he is young so time is on his side to perhaps take his game further.

Home of Barca Fans