Jordi Alba

Ender

hmm. I know we can get him cheaper by letting his contract run down, but id rather we paid 13m + variables or something (or just 15m), than risk losing him to united or someone else.

Especially when he's probably going to be our left back for 5+ years. He'll certainly improve a hell of a lot.
I don't think he's going anywhere other than Barça, for a variety of reasons. He's friends with the Spanish nationals, knows the language(s) and the system, guaranteed starter, joining a club worthy of finishing one's career, etc.

That said, there really is no risk of losing him to someone else. The pressure is on Valencia to compromise, or lose potentially 12m+. It's a win-win for the club.

mixer

done deal:
344ttt5.jpg

Paint master :worthy:

X

xaviniesta

one of the best and consistent player from spain. great defender and he was running up and down the whole 120 minutes. what a beast. can't wait him to barca already.

E

estranged

Really impressing more with each game that passes. Has technique, pace and can defend when he wants to, really kept Nani quiet when he had to. Only needs to improve his decision making, hopefully he'll soon disspell that ridiculous assumption shared by many here of him being a poor defender. He can defend when he wants, just because hes fast and enjoys going forward doesn't mean he can't defend.

Yugi

excellent, what a motherfucking beast
Alves and Alba are the real shit together, his link up play with Iniesta can be compared to Messi-Alves connection

X

xaviniesta

Alves and Alba are the real shit together, his link up play with Iniesta can be compared to Messi-Alves connection

over the years inieste never had a great attacking parther with him on the left, like dani or something. of course no dissing anybody, adriano often injured, abidal as well, no so attacking too, etc.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He did have few defensive mistakes and Spain's not a carbon copy of Barca. 2 DMs and only one atacking full back, whereas in Barca there would be 1 DM and paired with another attacking full back.

Still, I got to admit he looks better on this Euro than I imagined he would.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Just awesome Alba . :wub: That link up with Iniesta and from the right wing there will be Alves ! villa and messi upfront ... :wub:

Home of Barca Fans