Jordi Alba

abual3bed1

MD: Alba is the 1st signing for Barca 2012 for 15m, he would go for medicals and be presented for the fans before the euros.

great IF true, I don't think VdB would let any of his players leave the team for any reason. the deal can be official but the presentation part is doubtful for me.

Last edited:

USWAY

Doubt that's true. Last I read we still didn't want to budge from 12 million euros. Wouldn't mind throwing in Tello on loan if that lowered the fee. I think Valencia run a 1-3-2-4. He could play wide there.

Theconomist

Good first half performance but with frequent lapses in concentration.

If this guy joins us then that left back position will definitely be our weakest link.

Decent but is basically a younger Adriano.

Get Lahm please.

Ender

Good first half performance but with frequent lapses in concentration.

If this guy joins us then that left back position will definitely be our weakest link.

Decent but is basically a younger Adriano.

Get Lahm please.
Yeah, I haven't been too impressed with his performance so far. Then again, I haven't followed him that closely in Valencia.

Theconomist

without Abidal just have Alba/Adriano rotation until Grimaldo is ready...

Stop with that Grimaldo nonesense already, how many 16 something year olds from la masia have been touted as the next big thing and turned out to be complete flops.

Until the guy is regularly playing in the first team a la Tello stop thinking about him in our future plans.

Alba and Adriano are basically the same player, what we need is a left back that will provide some height, that is excellent defensively and can go forward when needed. Alba is average, Marcelo is better than him.

M

mitkoa7x

Bojan at 16 was the real deal too

36cld5.jpg

Theconomist

I've got nothing against Grimaldo HOWEVER saying we should settle for Adriano who is 28 and an underwhelming left back in Alba for 4 years ''until Grimaldo is ready'' and that's being very optimist in terms of injuries and assuming that Grimaldo will break into the 1st team at 20 years old to immediately start for us and solve all our left back problems is just stupid.
4 years from now is 2016, the world cup will in Brazil will be over and we'd be getting ready for Euro 2012.

We need to be realistic.

zealot

I agree with Theconomist here. IMO as great as La Masia's record at producing players for our first team, any so called 'future plans' for youngsters who are still playing with B team or lower teams should be dropped immediately. We should let them grow at their own pace. This is crucial during their learning stages. So as for Grimaldo, well he surely has potential, but he should not feature in our plans for the first team yet. Not even for future plans.

About Alba, well if we can get him for 15ME, that will be great. Lahm will not just be too expensive, I don't think neither Bayern nor Lahm will be very interested.

Home of Barca Fans