Jordi Alba

El Gato

Villarato!
Come on man, it's obvious that keane wanted to break haaland's leg. Ramos and pepe can obviously do no wrong in your eyes. They could probably kill an opponent and you would say they are well respected in the dressing room and are very well liked veteran figures.

No, it's not obvious. Hard fouls happened very often, less so these days when it's so monitored and documented, but back then harsh sliding tackles were commonplace. If you are Keane all you want to do is to do harm to someone who was in your face taking pleasure at your own crippled state. The only thing you can safely assert is that he wanted to cause him short term harm in retaliation, just like you would find him punching Haaland in response something quite fair considering the history. The severity of the outcome is debatable at the very least since there was no medical grounds for the assault court case against Keane.

I don't know what's obviously 'biased' about my stance on either of the two. I'm merely replying to your own accusations. Do I need to go out of my way to point out something I don't like about Pepe and Ramos? There are countless examples which I dislike about them. It's not my job to bring them up for the purpose of maintaining some kind of artificial symmetry. I'm arguing against your assertions of both players being disliked based on them being hard men. No. YOU do not like them because they play hard/dive/whatever. That doesn't mean fellow competitors do. And competition environment is a horrible measure for somebody's personality off the field.
Ramos and Pepe are well respected. Ask players around the league and you'll find people who genuinely don't like them are those without perspective. The truly Grade A thugs are those who are shit players with no respect for anyone, on their team or the opponents. Those who only exist for the foul, like regional league level cretins. A category to which Ramos and Pepe absolutely clearly cannot be classified to.

Last edited:

Batistuta9

It is obvious that he did it on purpose, he admitted in his autobiography. He then backtracked when he found out that haaland wanted to sue. Is it a coincidence that haaland never played a full game in England after that one, maybe, maybe not.

I am judging them from what i see on the field as that is all i see from them. I am not on good terms with them as you are and don't know them personally. Do me a favour and say 'hi' to them for me when you meet up next week

El Gato

Villarato!
Really not doing yourself many favours by strawmanning it. But what do I care I guess.

It is obvious that he did it on purpose, he admitted in his autobiography. He then backtracked when he found out that haaland wanted to sue.

Yes the foul was on purpose. Can we get past this? It's getting a bit boring. Or do I still need to keep explaining how this is not the same as purposely trying to end somebody's career? This is the same retarded logic you'd find on the internet coming from England after the Salah tackle.

Batistuta9

Really not doing yourself many favours by strawmanning it. But what do I care I guess.

Yes the foul was on purpose. Can we get past this? It's getting a bit boring. Or do I still need to keep explaining how this is not the same as purposely trying to end somebody's career? This is the same retarded logic you'd find on the internet coming from England after the Salah tackle.

It is getting boring and it's getting late. Truth is, the only person who knows what keane intended with the tackle, is keane himself. We can only guess. Take it easy bro

El Gato

Villarato!
It is getting boring and it's getting late. Truth is, the only person who knows what keane intended with the tackle, is keane himself. We can only guess. Take it easy bro

Good, that's the most honest stance I can agree to. Without jumping to uncertain conclusions and making oneself look like a jackass like Liverpool fans did by all this Ramos witchhunt, especially when making excuses for this clown below.

[tw]1235815122775334912[/tw]

xXKonan

Every team will have that player who is a total prick but you can make the excuse "Yeah he's a prick but here's our prick" as he's still an elite player such as in the cases of Suarez, Ramos, etc.

Alba though? dude has done a great job at getting the Barca fanbase to hate him and his antics. I remember during the Copa game vs Atletico in 2015 at the Calderon the guy went to the ground complaining of a foul from I believe a thrown in.

No one takes his hardman act seriously. Even if he was a key player, I really can't wait to see the back of him eventually and replace him with a guy who isn't some asshole wannabe hardman.

Messigician

Alba: "No one likes the fans going against us. I respect everyone. But they also have to respect me. I don't like being whistled in the 15th minute when the score is 0-0."

JamDav1982

Anyone who isn't a smug primadonna is an automatic improvement. People need to let go of the 'level' criterion - Madrid or Barcelona can only build the new side on character in the post-CR-Messi era. Real have recruited primarily based on a player maturity or attachment to colours. Quality comes second to that.

Reals recruitment looks terrible so far even if win this league with an old depleted barca.

They spent 250m odd on players that have barely player and still have massive work to do to rebuild to being a top team again.

Real been more ruthless with older players but their recruitment not been great.

Raketa10

A fucking idiot who should be shipped out together with other old players. Stupidity is strong with this one!

Rory

With Alaba having one year left on his contract this summer, I'd force Alba out the club and go all out for him. A better player, younger and mentally not an absolute joke.

JamDav1982

With Alaba having one year left on his contract this summer, I'd force Alba out the club and go all out for him. A better player, younger and mentally not an absolute joke.

That would be the ideal scenario and Thiago is in same situation as well and him in front of Arthur/FDJ adds that bit of creativity.

Fairly sure Alaba still does not want to be a LB though and wants to be in midfield.

Rory

That would be the ideal scenario and Thiago is in same situation as well and him in front of Arthur/FDJ adds that bit of creativity.

Fairly sure Alaba still does not want to be a LB though and wants to be in midfield.

Would probably be an upgrade on our midfield tbh so I'd take that.

El Gato

Villarato!
They spent 250m odd on players that have barely player and still have massive work to do to rebuild to being a top team again

Leaving aside the conclusions where you clearly disagree.. players that have barely played, such as? I assume Jović and maybe Theo? Who else?

Home of Barca Fans