Jordi Alba

Arizona Scott

yes he was, more so than lenglet, bad anticipation, if you jump you have to at least deflect the cross, if out of reach, stay on the ground and block the pass that follows.

Both he and Lenglet made major mistakes for that goal to happen.

On the other hand Carvajal's misjudgment was the biggest part of our goal and Alba helped make that play--so I would say 1 Alba largely he made up for it, and 2) even very good defenders (Carvajal probably the best all around RB just as Alba the best all around LB) sometimes get beat when isolated. I would like to see Alba show a little more defensive consistency/concentration however--there have been quite a few goals/near goals resulting from his misplays lately.

Probably best he is forced to get a rest this weekend.

soul24rage

Both he and Lenglet made major mistakes for that goal to happen.

On the other hand Carvajal's misjudgment was the biggest part of our goal and Alba helped make that play--so I would say 1 Alba largely he made up for it, and 2) even very good defenders (Carvajal probably the best all around RB just as Alba the best all around LB) sometimes get beat when isolated. I would like to see Alba show a little more defensive consistency/concentration however--there have been quite a few goals/near goals resulting from his misplays lately.

Probably best he is forced to get a rest this weekend.

He is forced to get a rest this weekend as he is suspended vs Bilbao :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sport says Alba's renovation is matter of hours. He's been in great form this season and one of the rare players that improved under Valverde. Or was is motivation for new contract.

Either way, deserved.

Andresito

Staff member
5 years holy shit. Hopefully he'll be able to do a Xavi and gradually step down and accept a bench role in the future.

wisconsincule

5 years is a wild extension for a player who relies on his pace. One problem with our board is handing out massive extensions to the senior players. I’m fine with a pay raise but the length of contract is way too long.

CatalinR10

Happy for his extension.

He's the best LB out there currently and he's been insane so far for us .

If he will see a clearly decline in his performances next 2-3 years he will know when to step down.

Well deserved.

FCBfan22

I don't see a problem with 5 years. Rather this than having another Alves on our hands. If he starts declining rapidly, we can still sell to Italy, where fullbacks don't need so much speed.

Arizona Scott

I don't see a problem with 5 years. Rather this than having another Alves on our hands. If he starts declining rapidly, we can still sell to Italy, where fullbacks don't need so much speed.

Very good point. Particularly if wages are not crazy. I am sure there has to be some negotiation--highest average monthly wages for a 3 year deal, bit less for 4, bit less for 5. That is just being a little realistic and pragmatic ,and Jordi and his agent can decide the option they want.

Leo_Messi

5 years is 1 too many but on the other hand we might part ways with him before that. While Alba is an amazing LB (in particular in the past few seasons) he is pretty much relying on his pace. Once that is gone he will be a shadow of what he once was. I don't predict that happening anytime soon despite him turning 30 this month as he has an insane stamina but not sure if he can be at this level for more than the next 3 seasons.

In any case his renewal is wonderful news. I cannot imagine a better fit for us currently.

Home of Barca Fans