Jordi Alba

BerkeleyBernie

Do any of the opposition managers in La Liga watch game footage at all? Alba makes the same run over and over again, Messi always hits him on a dime with his cross-field pass to the back of the box, and no one ever tracks him. It's Barça's main attack. Why doesn't anyone instruct the right fullback to keep an eye on him?

serghei

Do any of the opposition managers in La Liga watch game footage at all? Alba makes the same run over and over again, Messi always hits him on a dime with his cross-field pass to the back of the box, and no one ever tracks him. It's Barça's main attack. Why doesn't anyone instruct the right fullback to keep an eye on him?

It's hard to spot it every time. Players can't afford to keep an eye only on Alba. That would be man marking almost. Often the fullback from the other team has other roles as well, especially against a team with so many threats as Barca.

clemente

It's hard to spot it every time. Players can't afford to keep an eye only on Alba. That would be man marking almost. Often the fullback from the other team has other roles as well, especially against a team with so many threats as Barca.

Instruct what? "Mark Alba" ? "When Alba runs on the left, follow him" ?

Catta

Marcelo and Alves are considered all time greats.

Do you think Alba belongs in that category too?

Don't think he will be remembered as an all time great full back, like Marcelo, Dani, Cafu, Zanetti etc. But he will be and already is a Barcelona legendary full back, one of the best LB in our history if not even the best.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He'll need more European success to get on that list. Which is obviously a bit unfair if he keep performing like this for a few more years as that's something more team-related, but usually how all this works.

For what it's worth I think Alba need to perform like this for 3-4 more years to have case for that list anyway. Previously he's been too inconsistent for my liking although a part of that could have to do with Neymar basically blocking the left flank and rarely playing the pass to him.

serghei

I'm curious how he'll be able to create attacks for us offensively when we play a team that has a really top class winger on his side. How are we gonna deal with it considering our ability to control a difficult game by possession is long gone.

D10S_JC

He'll need more European success to get on that list. Which is obviously a bit unfair if he keep performing like this for a few more years as that's something more team-related, but usually how all this works.

For what it's worth I think Alba need to perform like this for 3-4 more years to have case for that list anyway. Previously he's been too inconsistent for my liking although a part of that could have to do with Neymar basically blocking the left flank and rarely playing the pass to him.
Also he lacks a remarkable performance in the big game. The Messi-Alba connection rarely works in the CL.

Home of Barca Fans