Jordi Alba

Sorin

Being physical means squat if the player isn't actually overall better. Sure Marcos Alonso is good but he should not be above Alba in the pecking order by any stretch of the imagination.

But I'm not complaining. More rest for him and less chances of injury. We don't have any back-up for him so let's go Lucho. Be a petty man for the whole year.

Centauri B

That was a great goal. Reminded me of his goal against Milan in 13.

I came here to say the exact same thing. Even though that goal was after a lung-busting run during a counter.

If I recall well, Alba also scored the winning goal against Celtic in the final minute some years ago.

bodi16

Assist from Adriano I think? From one fullback to the other.

Right, it was a shot of Adriano that got barely deflected by Alba.

Being physical means squat if the player isn't actually overall better. Sure Marcos Alonso is good but he should not be above Alba in the pecking order by any stretch of the imagination.

But I'm not complaining. More rest for him and less chances of injury. We don't have any back-up for him so let's go Lucho. Be a petty man for the whole year.

We all know that sometimes, depending on the opponent, Enrique preferred physically tall players against midgets like Alba, even though the latter had a better technique and was also faster. I remember his first clasico as coach, when he played Mathieu as LB, or the most recent example, the first leg against Juventus in the 16/17 CL quarters, when they created havoc on that side.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I realy wonder when will Alba get some rest since we don't have a replacement for him? We absolutely need to buy a LB in January.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans