Jordi Alba

Barcilliant

Latest story from Sport says that Valencia are blocking Alba's transfer.

Really?? Great-I do not want Alba. Alaba-yes but Alba NO. We dont need a tiny defender. We need one with speed, good tackling, aeriel ability and decent enough technique. Someone taller then Adriano and Alba.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Really?? Great-I do not want Alba. Alaba-yes but Alba NO. We dont need a tiny defender. We need one with speed, good tackling, aeriel ability and decent enough technique. Someone taller then Adriano and Alba.

you mentalist.

I'm with you that our ideal transfer target at LB would be a bigger more powerful guy, but that's not Alaba. he's, what, 4 inches taller than Alba? otherwise he's the same quality of player except not a Catalan or a Canterano.

DucdeOrléans

Alaba is 10 cm (!) taller and a much more powerful player. And also more complete, versatile and just overall a better footballer.

Alba would not be a bad option at all but I think that there are better options out there if I am to be honest.

Co0ter

What do fullbacks/wb's have to do with scoring? They're there to stretch the field and assist (like Dani has done innumerable times with Messi). Having a 433 with alba and alves would definitely help with parked busses (but would makes us even more vulnerable).

Alba is not a bad transfer by any means but I don't really think it is what we need right now. There's obviously a limited budged and priorities should be to make strong defensive buys.

You're right, they are supposed to stretch the field. But playing two of them, even in a 433, isn't practical. Both of them bombing forward is stupid, thats only two people defending and would force Sergi to stay back more....which is not his strong suite and keeps him from doing what he's actually good at doing. Two attacking wingers and 1 attacking fullback is enough, the other fullback should be ABLE TO ATTACK, but primarily defend to allow the attacking FB, like Dani, to attack more freely.

And Adriano is as good as Alba or better, and he's free because we already have him. Such a waste of 13 million which could be spent way more efficiently.

B

barcelonista

I remember only a year and a half ago people were shitting their pants of Busquets playing the holding midfield role on his own in the classical 4-3-3 after Yaya's departure. Now we've reached a level where we are considering a 3-4-3 formations with 2 wingbacks. How times are changing. :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
To be fair, LB was and is their weakest spot so that's not saying much.
Would also like to add that Bale would be as much of a gamble as Alba. I'd rather we bet on someone who would cost much less than Bale and who is also a Catalan since there aren't much better options out there anyway.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Siqueira & Alba and the club would still save over getting Bale...Spend the rest on any two of Silva, Hummels, Vertonghen and Javi

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hm.. Since we are brushing the subject of saving. Not sure how much exactly would we save since we'd have to pay much more taxes for Alba, him being a Spanish citizen and all? Anyone with some facts on this subject?

BitByBit

you mentalist.

I'm with you that our ideal transfer target at LB would be a bigger more powerful guy, but that's not Alaba. he's, what, 4 inches taller than Alba? otherwise he's the same quality of player except not a Catalan or a Canterano.

You mean a reject.

Home of Barca Fans