Jordi Alba

BerkeleyBernie

Great game today. He plays so well with Messi.

He always makes good runs and has good touch, but there is never any thought behind his crosses and squares- they are just hopefully put into the box hoping some teammate will be there. It's futile to think he'll ever develop any brains and discretion; just not part of his skillset.

clemente

I want to see what happens if Valverde decides to bench Suarez.

Some of these guys claim that competition for spots is good but in reality they fucking hate it so much. Alba is a perfect example of this. When Lucho went with the 3-3-1-3 and Alba lost his spot for the time being, the dude ended up acting like a shitbag because of it and started taking jabs at Lucho during international break and even after Lucho left he was still taking jabs at him pretty much claiming Valverde has it right. I theorize in some ways that this maybe the reason the club is reluctant in giving Alba new deal.

So in Suarez case if he got bench will he be graceful about it and fight hard to regain it? or will he pull an Alba and try and pull rank and force Valverde to start him.

It wasn't even like that... Alba was never out of form or "benched", even when we played 3 at the back he used to play as a wingback, the reason he wasn't playing was because in the summer we made no RB purchases and Roberto was our big weakness, he is literally the best LB in the world, of course he is gonna fking complain lol. I don't see why Suarez complaining would change anything, either he gets in form and EV lets him play again or gtfo.

mesiesta

He always makes good runs and has good touch, but there is never any thought behind his crosses and squares- they are just hopefully put into the box hoping some teammate will be there. It's futile to think he'll ever develop any brains and discretion; just not part of his skillset.

What you are talking about? He always tries to find a teammate in the box and pretty much all his passes are directed to someone. I don't think he has any problems with brain and intelligence. Great player.

FCB1987

Banned
It wasn't even like that... Alba was never out of form or "benched", even when we played 3 at the back he used to play as a wingback, the reason he wasn't playing was because in the summer we made no RB purchases and Roberto was our big weakness, he is literally the best LB in the world, of course he is gonna fking complain lol. I don't see why Suarez complaining would change anything, either he gets in form and EV lets him play again or gtfo.

Neyney played as the "wingback", not Alba

BerkeleyBernie

What you are talking about? He always tries to find a teammate in the box and pretty much all his passes are directed to someone. I don't think he has any problems with brain and intelligence. Great player.

Playing a pass/cross into the box and passing to a teammate in the box are two different things. He is *not* generally good at picking out a teammate in the box and passing to them. If this were the case, Barça would have a *lot* more shots taken. It's quantity over quality. Some of them find a teammate.

Joan

Yes, but also when he's found in positions he usually is there are not many options. He can either pass it back, cross the ball which is useless for us or try to pick a teammate. The later creates more danger. He's no Einstein of FBs, but a very good player altogether.

I mean, even Marcelo would look way worse if his crosses were useless. Not that Alba is particularly good at them, but it'a a tool most FBs rely upon.

vlad

Maybe i didnt understand it right, but are you saying that alba is best LB in the world? What?

vlad

And who are better LBs than him? what?

marcelo, by far best LB in the world, probably in history

alaba, filipe luis

thats my opinion, alba is very limited LB who relies to much on his pace, in front of goal he is awful, have those low crosses, cant beat player 1 on 1 if his life depends on it

its suarez thread, so lets stop about alba, i was just suprised you consider him best in the world

clemente

marcelo, by far best LB in the world, probably in history

alaba, filipe luis

thats my opinion, alba is very limited LB who relies to much on his pace, in front of goal he is awful, have those low crosses, cant beat player 1 on 1 if his life depends on it

its suarez thread, so lets stop about alba, i was just suprised you consider him best in the world

cmon you want this to stop because you know how stupid your comment is lol, Alaba and Filipe Luis are not on Albas level, and if Alba is just a pace merchant to you then its just sad to me, underappretiated guy, once he will be gone it will be a reality check to many.

khaled_a_d

cmon you want this to stop because you know how stupid your comment is lol, Alaba and Filipe Luis are not on Albas level, and if Alba is just a pace merchant to you then its just sad to me, underappretiated guy, once he will be gone it will be a reality check to many.

On the other hand, you are probably the only one who would rate Alba over Marcelo

clemente

On the other hand, you are probably the only one who would rate Alba over Marcelo

Well Marcelo was pretty bad besides the end of last season while Alba as always was consistently world-class throughtout the whole season, just at the end of CL Marcelo really turned up and football fans are known to only have a memory of last 15 days.

Home of Barca Fans