Jordi Alba

Windhook

I love that moment, especially the Setanta commentary: "great shot by Hristo Stoichkov... excuse me, Jordi Alba!"

It's one of his best goals, I think.

Sorin

Alba is alone on an island on that left flank thanks to the masterclass that is 442 setup, still manages to boss it for the majority of the games

kattanib

Would be an exceptional LM .. though I see him as a weak LB honestly. His defending abilities are pathetic for a Barca starter

Messi983

Disagree, I think he's been good defensively too this season.

And as I said in another thread a few days ago I don't think he'd be really that good as LM/LW. He's good running behind the defense from his LWB spot but if he'd stay forward more different things would be expected from him (dribbling and taking on the defenders) and I don't think he's good at that.

Last edited:

Neeraj

Would be an exceptional LM .. though I see him as a weak LB honestly. His defending abilities are pathetic for a Barca starter

Exactly the opposite. I think he's quite mediocre going forward, but he's good defensively and an area he has improved a lot as a matter of fact.

Top teams generally have skillful LB's who can terrorize the opposing wing backs; Alba can't do much other than make lung bursting runs through the 90 minutes (which I do appreciate btw). He has no dribbling skills to speak of, and his crosses can be a bit hit and miss. Compared to the likes of Marcelo, Alaba or even Guedes, Alba is an industrious LB who does the most with what he can - pace and stamina.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Disagree, I think he's been good defensively too this season.

And as I said in another thread a few days ago I don't think he'd be really that good as LM/LW. He's good running behind the defense from his LWB spot but if he'd stay forward more different things would be expected from him (dribbling and taking on the defenders) and I don't think he's good at that.

Good point. Overlapping runs are his forte. Would be rendered obsolete if he came up against deep defense.

Home of Barca Fans