Jordi Alba

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Never got my simpathy, diver and really embaressing behaviour on the pitch when he has opportunity, and i see he is not much better off the pitch with comments, crying why he does not play, downgrade after abidal definitely, dont rate him high as a LB, in attack he is quite limited, selling him for a good amount of cash would not leave me in tears

Let alone Abi...... He is a downgrade even after Maxwell!

And then the unnecessary tantrums is just the final nail in the coffin!!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Regarding 1st part, the 1st quotes was a classic welcome to the club from Alba to Valverde
But to Say

Was an awful,he should be grateful to Lucho,he won most of his trophies here under him and was never considered top 5 LB in the world before him never mind Lucho was actually in favor of him all way long until he played 343. Never mind no one really cares what is better for him. People care what is better for the team. He should just keep his mouth shut. He always seem to be the guy that would complain once things doesn't go his way.

As for 2nd part,Mathieu is more natural LCB tbh. It was understandable a little bit. he provides more defensive anchor than Alba who himself struggles much. Yeah it was the wrong bet but it wasn't something that drive a player crazy tbf. You should always trust your teammates even if things isn't going your way. And tbh I don't want to seel Alba playing more minutes,Digne deserves to play more

Lucho should have trusted and encouraged Digne much more than he did! And Digne should have started that match instead of Mathieu

xXKonan

Imagine if we had a LB backup like Mendy or Alex Sandro and they managed to bench Alba on a permanent basis. Alba would make things so uncomfortable for everyone in the squad if that happened, until he finally gets what he wants.

He never struck me as a guy that values competition for his spot. for the last several seasons, he was fortunate enough that his competition for his spot was Adriano who declined massively due to various injuries and health issues and Mathieu who struggled with Ankle and Calf injuries and even admitted he couldn't play LB as well as he use to anymore do to that.

Alba can't go a full season without getting injured at some point. and I don't think he even realizes himself it seems.

Devils

Chances are Alba wont ever have a better season in his career than 2014/2015 treble year, so yes, to say something like that is just completely disrespectful.

Alba is an immature twat. When things don't go his way, he will throw tantrums both on and off the pitch.

Time to grow up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alba is not even close to Alaba or Marcelo who is the best LB in the World.

Won't be too long till Mendy surpasses him. Perhaps even Grimaldo if he can stay injury free.

I hope Cucurella comes good.

gasgas

This player :facepalm:
Nothing exceptional in attack, can hardly cross beyond the first man
Only got pace in defence, poor aerially costing us in the air
Not even a Top 5 LB in the world right now
Another player i wouldn't mind losing

GetIn

This player :facepalm:
Nothing exceptional in attack, can hardly cross beyond the first man
Only got pace in defence, poor aerially costing us in the air
Not even a Top 5 LB in the world right now
Another player i wouldn't mind losing

He isn't great but you'll miss him when he's gone. Which world class LB do you plan on replacing him with because there aren't any on the market. We've got enough problems as it is to work out. I doubt Farto and co. can even get a good midfielder and rightback signed this summer.

DonAK

He isn't great but you'll miss him when he's gone. Which world class LB do you plan on replacing him with because there aren't any on the market. We've got enough problems as it is to work out. I doubt Farto and co. can even get a good midfielder and rightback signed this summer.

This is true.

Positions such as LB and GK is not a priority.

I quite like Guerreiro. Perhaps sign him and Dembele in 2018 lol

Last edited:

gasgas

Well the only way i will miss him would be if we replace him with somebody like Glen Johnsson, Moreno

I said i wouldn't mind losing him, but doesn't mean i want him to be gone first
There are players who should go first before him

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well the only way i will miss him would be if we replace him with somebody like Glen Johnsson, Moreno

I said i wouldn't mind losing him, but doesn't mean i want him to be gone first
There are players who should go first before him

So you'd be okay with it if we replaced him with Coentrao? Duly noted. :neymar:

DonAK

I thought he was playing midfield or at least further up for BVB?

Yeah, which is the great thing about him. Players like Guerreiro, Alves, Marcelo are all able to play in the midfield because they're that good with the ball and smart. Prefer those kind of players.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Coentrao is in the same category as Glen Johnson

You're right there.

Yeah, which is the great thing about him. Players like Guerreiro, Alves, Marcelo are all able to play in the midfield because they're that good with the ball and smart. Prefer those kind of players.

It's great unless he'd prefer not to go back to playing leftback if he came here. Then it's a problem.

Home of Barca Fans