Jordi Alba

B

barcelonista

Martinez would be a dream signing. Also because he can cover 2 positions. But then again: I don't want Athletic to lose their players. Neither do Athletic I reckon. They can't replace Martinez. Barca would need to pay € 40 million or something like that to make them think about it. Which Barca won't do.

Xavi_78

surely no new Abidal, but on the other hand it is not as if there is an abundance of phantastic LB/CB out there waiting to be picked up by FCB. Alaba is surely impressive but completly unrealistic: he is a Bayern youth product, just did renew his contract and Bayern are no feeder club. We should not waste time dreaming about unrealistic players, but look what is within our reach and means

gingerless

yeah, martinez would be great. we definitely need another makeshift CB that can fuck up big games because it's not his natural position

B

barcelonista

yeah, martinez would be great. we definitely need another makeshift CB that can fuck up big games because it's not his natural position

He kept Messi in his pocket in Camp Nou a few weeks ago. Never set a foot wrong against Manchester United either. He interprets the role even better than Mascherano (who would probably be a lot more exposed if he played CB for Athletic) from what I've seen. Or in short: he's just a boss.

vpd3sbdh.jpg

:worthy:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
He kept Messi in his pocket in Camp Nou a few weeks ago. Never set a foot wrong against Manchester United either. He interprets the role even better than Mascherano (who would probably be a lot more exposed if he played CB for Athletic) from what I've seen. Or in short: he's just a boss.

vpd3sbdh.jpg

:worthy:

He's really stepped his game up this year. I hope our squad is able to get him.

hellsangel1

I agree he did as good a job on Messi (or as well as i have seen anyone do all year). That was the first match of his that I saw and thought afterwards that he could do a great job as a Barca player. If Bielsa comes than I think he could be pursued to join him at Barca.

I'm rooting for Athletic to win the Europa League and if he wins that than surely the next step would be to join Barca and compete for La Liga and Champions League.

Co0ter

Offers more pace, confidence and attitude on the ball. I would love to have one, especially with us probably moving our system to a 3-4-3 from the next season.

I love it, when he plays with so much passion against Barca and Madrid and its good that we have got him, according to rumous atleast

This post made me lol

The guy doesn't even defend as well as Adriano, that makes him completely insignificant defensively compared to Abidal. Plus he's a midget, we'll just lack more height in our box.

To top it off, how the hell is bringing in an attacking minded LB going to be a good thing with us playing 3-4-3?! If anything using 3-4-3 is just another good reason to bring in a TALLER, DEFENSIVE MINDED LB. Alba-Pique-Alves defense OMG SO MUCH PWN.....seriously, why even bother defending.

gingerless

yes, but so is mascherano. but no matter what, he is going to be prone to fuck-ups because half of his mind is still a DM, it's in the instincts, you need that natural instinct that comes from playing a CB for years. look at the first leg against chelsea when we conceded the goal, mascherano is running his lungs out trying to intercept the cross, yet he doesn't consider that puyol is covering it and he should keep his eye on drogba (that is ALL he had to do, nothing else). in the second leg he is caught way up in midfield with our 3 man defense (which at that point was puyol and alves only, adriano was pushing up as well) he thinks he can afford to push up high at any time and that there will be cover for him, when in reality, he is the cover. i'm willing to accept that these errors can be worked on with more time spent playing at the back but i don't think we can afford that right now, we can't afford mascherano as one of our main centre-backs, not in big games at least. we're in dire need of a CB signing, if it doesn't happen this season you can guarantee your sweet titties we'll be, yet again, under-par next season

B

barcelonista

ging, I've already read 2 sensible posts from you today. What is going on?! Did you fall on your head?

Pepe Silvia

He is quality. Technically sound and lightening fast. Consider our needs though with our defense being among the smallest and easiest to exploit in Europe. We simply need height, physicality, and a quality defender. He is none of those things.

mixer

He is quality. Technically sound and lightening fast. Consider our needs though with our defense being among the smallest and easiest to exploit in Europe. We simply need height, physicality, and a quality defender. He is none of those things.
My dream signing is a decent defender who is the same size as Messi. If only there was someone like that available... :wub:
These posts don't match, do they?

Home of Barca Fans