Jordi Alba

PhilS

The squad must be refreshed. Alba is one of the players who was better in prior years than he has been this year. I see no place to play him in the 3-4-3 or the 3-3-1-3. He does not have to go, but attempts must be made to improve the squad, which must include departures.

JamDav1982

The squad must be refreshed. Alba is one of the players who was better in prior years than he has been this year. I see no place to play him in the 3-4-3 or the 3-3-1-3. He does not have to go, but attempts must be made to improve the squad, which must include departures.

Alba has not been great for a while but he could play in 3-4-3 just not Luchos version.

He would be ideal for it in the way the likes of Conte and Pochetino have set up this season.

God Serena

Next season we shouldn't even need to keep the 3-4-3 anyways, that's just a coping mechanism for Lucho's non-tactics, nightmarish midfield, and refusal to sign a RB.

Alba being ostracized based on whatever random formation Lucho decides to run with in any given game doesn't help things.

clemente

Lol what? No way he should be sold, and its obvious we won't be playing with 3 at the back next season. Lets get a reality check real quick, who could replace Alba? Grimaldo? I can already see the comments identical to Alves if we play without Alba next season.

God Serena

Lol what? No way he should be sold, and its obvious we won't be playing with 3 at the back next season. Lets get a reality check real quick, who could replace Alba? Grimaldo? I can already see the comments identical to Alves if we play without Alba next season.

Grimaldo could have easily been a better player than Alba by now if he'd have stayed fit and been given decent minutes here.

God Serena

Alba is a top 3 LB. You honestly think Grimaldo could easily be that good?

Well, quality in that position must be pretty low if Alba is top 3 in the world, although tbh I can only think of 2 LBs who are indisputably among the best and I suspect you are in a similar place with you saying he's top 3 which is an odd number to pick out, so yeah, quality in that position must be pretty low. Alba is miles and miles behind the level of someone like Marcelo or Alaba and I do think Grimaldo can surpass that level.

xavi_the_Boss

So does anyone think we could be looking to cash in on him as we go after Theo?
I think Manchester United and PSG are looking for a LB.

Home of Barca Fans