Jordi Alba

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I never said that he doing really bad or something, it's just that we all know he can do much better. No one here is happy with Messi playing at 50% for a couple of games, so why should we be with Alba doing it the whole season? He needs some competition for that spot, plus we need someone to rely on when he's injured. That's why signing a new LB is very important this summer.

Trickykid

I'd say it's a stretch calling Marcelo better than Alba. He's much better in offense obviously, but I rate Alba equally higher defensively.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
In the same way, I could say that Marcelo's defensive liability is overrated inasmuch as the midfield and Ronaldo provide zero cover for him. A winger with good dribbling ability will go past his fullback 8/10 times comfortably, granted there is no one to help the fullback. Even further, a dribbler MUST go past his man on 1v1.

Trickykid

In the same way, I could say that Marcelo's defensive liability is overrated inasmuch as the midfield and Ronaldo provide zero cover for him. A winger with good dribbling ability will go past his fullback 8/10 times comfortably, granted there is no one to help the fullback. Even further, a dribbler MUST go past his man on 1v1.

Of course you could. Wouldn't make me agree with you, though.

BarçaBarça

Marcelo and Luis are the only ones who are better than Alba. The market is pretty poor for fullbacks nowadays.

Surely Alaba is better, when both are performing at their top level? He has better physic and footballing IQ, but Alba has more speed IMO. But Alba fits this team really well - also outside this team. Some competition might do him good, at least so we have an reliable option when he is out :)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Surely Alaba is better, when both are performing at their top level? He has better physic and footballing IQ, but Alba has more speed IMO. But Alba fits this team really well - also outside this team. Some competition might do him good, at least so we have an reliable option when he is out :)

Yeah, I forgot about him, he's better as well.

klc123

IMO alaba is the best LB in the world. Last season he managed to limit Messi pretty well over two legs tbh, it was just the sheer class of Messi that made him unstoppable at the camp nou.

I wouldn't consider marcelo to be better than alba though...

I think Ivanovic is pretty under-rated, defensively he is rock solid. What do you think of him?

xavi_the_Boss

IMO alaba is the best LB in the world. Last season he managed to limit Messi pretty well over two legs tbh, it was just the sheer class of Messi that made him unstoppable at the camp nou.

I think Ivanovic is pretty under-rated, defensively he is rock solid. What do you think of him?

Alaba didn´t even play.

Ivanovic isn't rock solid as a fullback. He's been Chelsea's most glaring problem when it comes to defense when he plays there. A different story though at CB. A lot like Mathieu.

BerkeleyBernie

Ivanovic isn't rock solid as a fullback. He's been Chelsea's most glaring problem when it comes to defense when he plays there. A different story though at CB. A lot like Mathieu.

Yes, he's been quite porous as fullback this season, easily skinned, one of Chelsea's biggest defensive problems.

BarçaBarça

No - I don't rate Marcelo over Alba either.

Ivanovic was good in Chelsea's Champion-season, but this year he dropped very low. It's fair to say that the whole team did, and I don't imagine Alba would take leader-responsibility if the Barca-team struggled as well. When he deserved it, I think he was praised, so I don't think he is that underrated - it is hard to be when you play for a team who wins the league.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Got outpaced by Bellerin so gets him back with a nutmeg :lol: loved it. Feel like noone really comments on this guys thread much you would think he was Lord Douglas

gasgas

:rofl1:

Home of Barca Fans