Jordi Alba

Cule4life

The Culest
Alba>>>>>>>>>>>>Dani If any attacking FB has to be sacrificed its Dani "Dont cross me or i'll cross over you" Alves

footyfan

Calma, calma
I only watched from the 60th min on, and he looked really poor and wasteful. Was quite frustrated with his play.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
He was solid defensively today. He bailed us out a couple of times. I was worried he would get send off, but he did fine after all.

Irish_Cules

One of our best players tonight. He made a number of vital challenges/interceptions in defence and he was full of energy throughout.

barcanuck

I really don't understand the need for him and Alves, none of them create enough offense to justify playing over and over. Both get rag dolled due to their weak stature.

Just covert Masche or Bartra into RB and play Mathieu or Verm (next year) at LB.

Irish_Cules

I really don't understand the need for him and Alves, none of them create enough offense to justify playing over and over. Both get rag dolled due to their weak stature.

Just covert Masche or Bartra into RB and play Mathieu or Verm (next year) at LB.

Alba was our best defender tonight. In no way did he get "rag dolled". We put Mathieu at left back versus Madrid and he didn't look comfortable at all. Just because a player is more physical and a good centre back it doesn't mean they'll automatically make us more solid if they play at full back. They could just as easily struggle in the position and actually weaken us.

barcanuck

Alba was our best defender tonight. In no way did he get "rag dolled". We put Mathieu at left back versus Madrid and he didn't look comfortable at all. Just because a player is more physical and a good centre back it doesn't mean they'll automatically make us more solid if they play at full back. They could just as easily struggle in the position and actually weaken us.

He masks alot of his failure with his speed. Yeah it's great that he can catch up to people but it's because he runs like a headless chicken on offense and gets caught up field.

Irish_Cules

He masks alot of his failure with his speed. Yeah it's great that he can catch up to people but it's because he runs like a headless chicken on offense and gets caught up field.

It wasn't just him using his speed to catch people. He covered for other defenders last night as well. There were a couple of occasions that would have resulted in good chances for Ajax if it wasn't for Jordi intercepting.Yes, his speed helped him in these situations but he positioned himself well also.

Home of Barca Fans