Jordi Alba

D

danumber10

Valencia fullback Jordi Alba: Every young player dreams of Barcelona

Valencia fullback Jordi Alba admits he's keen on a move to Barcelona.

Alba has also been linked with Manchester United and Liverpool.

But he says: "Every player from childhood dreams of success with Barcelona."

DucdeOrléans

I am surprised that nobody is commenting the recent rumours of Alba moving to us this summer.

According to Sport it is more or less a done deal. Alba wants to move this summer and if he signs a new contract it will have a clause that enables him to move to FCB for a amount that FCB is willing to pay for him.

Not checked Superdeporte (Valencia's main sports newspaper) yet so don't know if they have the same rumour.

If truth it would be a great purchase.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Superdeporte mentions the Sport story itself. EMD also says nothing.

They also mention that Barcelona has not yet contacted Valencia. So no, not quite a done deal even if the player agrees. I mean we tapped up Cesc years before that deal was completed.

I like Jordi Alba, but I'm not sure why you'd want both him and Adriano.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'd like the player back, especially if Abidal will indeed move to CB...Adriano can platoon and even simply play as a winger...Alba could hold down that LB spot until Grimaldo is ready to own it

DucdeOrléans

Superdeporte mentions the Sport story itself. EMD also says nothing.

They also mention that Barcelona has not yet contacted Valencia. So no, not quite a done deal even if the player agrees. I mean we tapped up Cesc years before that deal was completed.

I like Jordi Alba, but I'm not sure why you'd want both him and Adriano.

Well that should at least make it more trustworthy.

A purchase of Alba would definitely mean that Adriano would get a lot less playing time but if we are honest Alba is twice the player Adriano is. Not to mention the latters habit of suffering from injures.

I genuinly belive that Alba is great left back and as we all know he would fit perfectly in our playing style since he knows the club from the inside and is Spain's main left back now when Capdevila has called it a day.

Sure he is not a defensive beast as Albidal but he can work on that. I clearly see some real potential and talent in this kid. I mean you don't just start for Spain despite the left back being Spain's worst equipped position.

Not to mention his versatility. He could be used as a wingback and a winger as well.

Let me say it this way. I prefer paying 10-15 million Euros for Alba rather than paying 30-40 million Euros for Bale as some others here wish.

poltergeist

I am surprised that nobody is commenting the recent rumours of Alba moving to us this summer.

According to Sport it is more or less a done deal. Alba wants to move this summer and if he signs a new contract it will have a clause that enables him to move to FCB for a amount that FCB is willing to pay for him.

Not checked Superdeporte (Valencia's main sports newspaper) yet so don't know if they have the same rumour.

If truth it would be a great purchase.

Curiosly though, why will he sign a new contract if he's keen on joining us this summer?

DucdeOrléans

Curiosly though, why will he sign a new contract if he's keen on joining us this summer?
Sir:

Apparently (according to Sport that is) there will be a similar clause in his contract to the one Mata had before he moved to Chelsea last summer. The clause basically ensures that Valencia will sell him for a bit more than they would get should he not sign an contract extension (his contract runs out in 2013) and also ensures that Barcelona will have the advantage since they will get the preference should they approach Valencia to sign Alba. Moreover FCB would be willing to pay the adjusted price.

That's Sport's version of the rumour.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
for all the criticism of Adriano it's worth pointing out that he has by far the 2nd best non-Masia relationship with Messi.

it's quite interesting that the non-Masia players to best understand/compliment Messi are Brazilian wingbacks.

honestly, if Argentina could just take 10 years off Javier Zanetti's life they wouldn't even need anything else. him and Messi would fuck everyone up.

as for Adriano vs. Alba, well one of them is a Catalan canterano so you know where my preferences lie.

but honestly... is there any point? Muniesa is coming through and he looks a solid LB/CB type. I mean, I think he'll be wanting games next season and LB is a likely place he could get them. Bilal will obviously be first-choice ahead of that. now Adriano is the type of player whose profile means you can make him 2nd choice and he won't be too fussed. you can move him around the pitch and he'll happily do a job wherever you put him. Alba is better than Adriano, obviously, but that quality brings its own problems.

is he going to want to sit on the bench in favour of Bilal? (who OWNS him as a defensive force) and even if Bilal is injured, honestly I think I'd favour Muniesa as a replacement for trickier games because he looks like he plays with a similar style. (how fast is he though? accurate reports only pls) so, I mean, Alba would just be a huge upgrade on Adriano. which would be fine but his talent-level is too good to be a mere sub, no?

if Muniesa doesn't get promoted next season, I don't think there's much of a problem with getting Alba in as he won't be taking games away from anyone but Adriano who's injured half the time anyway. but if Muniesa does get promoted I don't see where there's room unless we squad-stack which is totally ghey.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Eric is inevitably going to play at centerback, I imagine...He'll be 33 this year and while he is a freak of nature, some of his skills are going to see a natural drop off

Adriano brings things to the table that is missing from that left side but I imagine Alba would bring even more in that regard since he knows the system even better than the Brasilian...Plus, he's a culé

I don't see all of the cantera kids staying next season, the numbers don't add up for me...Loans will have to take place and I would guess Muniesa will be playing elsewhere

Alba locks that position down for a number of seasons

Maria

Adriano would never be more than a fringe player because he can't go through 3 consecutive games without getting injured..and until this season, Muniesa had the same problem. We need someone to replace Abidal until Grimaldo's arrival.

B

barcelonista

Alba is too small. We will get killed in the air / by set pieces.

Maria

Alba is too small. We will get killed in the air / by set pieces.

Our priority should be a CB who is good in the air(especially if we take into consideration that Mascherano was our best CB this season, Abidal and Puyol are not getting any younger and Pique can;t be trusted).

Home of Barca Fans