Jordi Alba

zanela

Does anyone know the exact reason why he was released from our Academy? It seems to be a case of not rating his talent enough to retain him, whilst Valencia did, and having shown greater faith and opportunities has made him the player today. Wanting him back now that he's come good doesn't feel right, as in this case i feel Valencia is more deserving of the player.

Not that i would be complaining if we bought him. But i don't think he's what we really need, not until we've such a predominant attacking RB. Not only is height an issue with him, he's defensively a suspect. I've seen him get caught out of position, and his teammates having to cover for him plenty of times. But he's only 22, and most attacking fullbacks develop the defense side of their game with more experience. Same applies with Bale. But my issue with Bale is he isn't suited to the tempo we play or the intricacy of it. He'd probably thrive in the RM set-up though.
What we need atm is primarily a defender, but capable in attack. Someone who can play in our 3 man defense. Basically a direct replacement of Abidal (so i agree with 14 and others proposing it)

XaviMessiGirl

250000036.jpg

How could you ever say no to this face?

:wub:

D

danumber10

I just Heard Barca tried getting him back sometime after letting him go but he refused to go back .

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I like Alba but he's really not what we need.

You think?...I get the impression that could be the plan...Slide Abidal in the centerback position and put Alba at LB...Doesn't have size obviously but has everything else you'd hope for in a LB in this system...He's impressed me everytime the club has faced him

Home of Barca Fans