Barcelona 08-09, obvious reasons

Arsenal 03-04, being udnefeated is too much I say

Madrid 00-02, Zidane, Figo... nuf said

UTD, 07-08

Milan 06-07

Chelsea 04-06

C

Carefree

It means nothing I tell you. Ffs you are not going to start arguing about it prestige and how important it is? Don't make me laugh please. It is a trophy yes, but so is Charity Shield.

Don't even try and compare it to the Community Shield. What a pathetic thing to say. The Community Shield is pretty much a gloryfied friendly, you're allowed more than 3 subs, but at the end you're awarded something for it, it makes a nice way to kick off the season, but generally no one cares about it.

The League Cup however, whilst not as big as the FA Cup, is still part of one of the trophies clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd go for each year, it's part of 1 of 4 cups. I don't give a toss how you view it, but don't compare it to the Community Shield, you're incredibly spoilt. Birmingham just had their greatest day in history on Sunday, a feat they probably won't repeat for a very long time, and there's you shrugging it off as a 'micky mouse cup'.

Ok, so what is your point? You only won two league titles in that period. You are nowhere near being the best team out of the above mentioned.

I suppose you should watch the highlights again. Your memory does not seem up to date. Again you "only" won (4-5) and Terrys goal should not have been allowed. But ok, I can live with that it was the only time you knocked us out of a cup tie.

We 'only' won two league titles and 'only' beat you 5-4 did we? Listen to yourself. Our title winning teams of 2005 and 2006 were record breaking teams, and in 2004-05 we took Barcelona to the clearners, despite everything being against us. To go 3-0 up against one of the best teams in Europe within 17 minutes of the second leg is an incredible feat.

Drogba should not have been sent off in the first leg - you got a massive load of help from Frisk, didn't finish the job though did you? I can admit the current Barcelona team are probably the greatest team of all time, but our 2004-05 team would definately have given them a run for their money, more so than any Man Utd or Real Madrid side of the past 20 years, and that includes Man Utd's 1999 treble winning team.

# He is a Chelsea fan of course he thinks that the Mickey Mouse Cup is important. After all Chelsea have more Mickey Mouse Cups than league titles. Would have been completely different if he had mentioned the FA Cup. Otherwise it is ridicolous.

How very respectful of you. It's like me calling the Copa del Rey a Micky Mouse Cup for the simple fact there's absolutely no competition in it whatsoever.

Moe

powered by;
I'm going to include Milan 03-05 not Milan 06/07 because the latter wasn't that good.

Barcelona 2008-09 (literally unplayable at times)
Milan 2002-05 (very balanced, very solid, criminally underrated)
Manchester United 2007-08 (if they only had better midfield they would be first on my list)
Barcelona 2005-06 (Ronaldinho and Deco in their prime..)
Real Madrid 2000-02 (they were consistent in big games but in the smaller ones they messed up)
Chelsea 2004-06 (took the premier league by storm but were underachievers in Europe)
Arsenal 2003-04 (the "invincibles" would lose each and every match against the above teams)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
those time periods are silly. and key teams are missing.

the 12 best teams of the decade, chronological order:

Madrid 00-03
Depor 00-04
Valencia 01-04
Arsenal 02-04
Milan 03-07
Barcelona 03-07
Chelsea 04-10
Sevilla 05-07
Liverpool 05-09
United 06-09
Barcelona 08-??
Inter 09-10

with honourable mentions for the trophyless Roma 05-07. they made huge tactical strides in resurrecting/validating the False9. and Madrid 09-10 for being absolutely awesome but being unlucky to have to go up against a team that is absolutely awesomer. United 00-03 were quite good as well, they'd probably be #13 on the list, and Porto 02-04 would be #14, or maybe it'd be the other way around.

if I had to order the teams?

1. Barca 08-??
2. Milan 03-07
3. United 06-09
4. Chelsea 04-10
5/6. Barcelona 03-07
5/6. Madrid 00-02
7. Inter 09-10
8. Arsenal 01-04
9. Sevilla 05-07
10. Valencia 01-04
11. Liverpool 05-09
12. Depor 00-04

boom.

DucdeOrléans

Are you drunk?

Please, stop talking bullshit and admit that the Mickey Mouse Cup is not worth anything in comparison with other domestic cups in the big leagues. I don't care about whether Birmingham fans compare it to the World Cup when they win it or what it means to THEM. It does not change the numerous facts. A cup with no history, second rated cup, no such cup exists in other European leagues (guess why, because it is nonsene to have 2 domestic cups). It is basically a cup for the talents and clubs who can claim a trophy when they have had a shit season.

Yes "only" compared to other clubs? Get it? You know something called reality (results)?

Yes, you were robbed, we Culés know the song. Why don't you admit that Terrys decisive goal was illegal? Had he not scored it you would have been out. Like in ALL our previous meetings (1999-2000, 2005-2006, 2008-2009). But congratulations with the semifinal nevertheless. Again watch the highlights. And if you have not forgot it, a football match does not end in the 17th minut.

Yeah, because you can compare the shitty Mickey Mouse Cup with Europas second oldest and second most prestigious domestic cup.:lol:

Btw: I don't want to talk about that shitty cup anymore, so please discuss it with Arsenal fans or City fans. Maybe Birmingham fans.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What other domestic leagues have 2 cup competitions? so you are comparing england's secondary cup competition with the primary cup competition in the other leagues......

It's not a mickey mouse cup, it is a trophy at the end of the day and it gets you into europe and i'd hazard a guess 2/3rds of the premier league teams would bite your hand off to win it next year.

I see carefree is still going on about that ghost goal. Yet he doesn't say that the referee said afterwards that had the linesman not given the goal he would have given a penalty and sent Cech off. Plus in 186 minutes of football chelsea failed to get a goal, so it is their own fault. I await a response to this, but I not holding my breath, because he knows its the truth.

DucdeOrléans

Mike:

Come on, as I said before (with all due respect) it can't be compared to the FA Cup or Copa Del Rey. Nonsense to even suggest so (someone is bitter). Yes, as I also wrote it is a trophy, but again, come on. It is really a second rated trophy. Not a coincidence that people call it the Mickey Mouse Cup or Worthless Cup. Also there is a reason to why other European top leagues don't have two domestic cups. It was originally (and still is for most teams) a cup where you can test your talents and experiment. As I wrote before it has become a trophy clubs can claim when they have not won anything else or very little.

Yes most teams would like to win it (all teams wants to win a trophy if possible), but we are talking about top clubs here, not clubs like Birmingham who in their 130 years history have not won anything else than the Mickey Mouse Cup (2 times).

It really have VERY little importance/prestigious/history (A FACT you can't change Carefree and you know it, so stop using Birmingham as a reference and their fans joy of yesterdays win (understandable, no one said it was not, but it STILL does not CHANGE the facts). But of course most clubs would like to win it.

It's like saying you don't want to receive a million dollars just because you are a billiionaire? Get it?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans