League Cup

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What lesson? He wasn't even used. Besides, he's a much better player than Walcott was then.

That's the point he wasn't even used...so why take him?!

Take players you want to use or think will be useful in certain situations. Unless you are packed with talent in a certain position and you think a youngster will benefit from tournament experience and won't be relied upon to make a on pitch contribution ala Ferdinand in 98 then do it. But England are not packed with talent in any position, so do not have that option.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Palace 2-1 up in extra time!!!!!!!!!

I still expect utd to come back but you gotta give palace their due credit for a great performance!!

dalitis8

Banned
It's the second sentence that is key. The first one is only the launch pad for the questioning of the trophy itself.

I thought that was fairly obvious.

S

Sami4Hyypia

Fairly obvious how Semi-Final draw panned out.

We'll play City 3 times in 3 weeks in Jan, kind of similar to Barca vs Real 4 games in a month last April.

That should be fun......I will probably try to go to League cup semi return leg at Anfield.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Happy with Man City in the semis because it means we have them at Anfield in the 2nd leg and we have a greater chance of beating them at home than at Wembley.

Dalitis you may mock the League Cup, but when you have won anything for 6 years it becomes an important trophy and can be a launching pad for greater success as we proved in 01 and Chelsea in 05.

Jenks

That's the point he wasn't even used...so why take him?!

What does that have to do with Oxlade Chamberlain? It's stupid to take any player if you're not intending to use him, age is not as issue. Obviously the people who want to take him would also want to see him used. We've no idea if taking Walcott was the real mistake, or just not playing him was.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The Carling Cup final is upon us. This Sunday sees the first domestic trophy in england for the 11/12 season go to either Cardiff or Liverpool.

Unlike Arsenal supporters last year, who thought the game was won before kick off, I am not going into it with that mindset. Cardiff deserve respect for getting to the final and have players in their team that on their day can cause problems. So we need to go into the game with the correct attitude. If we have the attitude and the mentality Arsenal had last year, when they thought they only needed to turn up to win, then we will lose.

However it is a great opportunity to put some silverware in the trophy cabinet. It can also be a launch pad for further success this season and next season, like 2001 was for us. It may be a "Mickey Mouse Trophy" however it is a trophy none the less and gives us an entry to europe too. Plus it can create a winning mentality throughout the squad - which is most important for us.

Above all great servants like Kuyt, Bellamy, Skrtel and Agger who've never tasted silverware for us have that opportunity on Sunday.

Some fun facts:-

A win in this match would see Liverpool equal Manchester United’s record for most English domestic cup wins (15: seven League Cup, seven FA Cup so far).

This is the fourth time Liverpool have faced a lower-tier opponent in the League Cup final: they won one 2-1 (Bolton 1995), one on penalties (Birmingham 2001), and one 2-1 in a replay after the first game was drawn 1-1 (West Ham 1981).

All three of Cardiff’s previous cup final appearances have finished 1-0 (one win, two defeats, all FA Cup).

Cardiff have the better head-to-head record against Liverpool with 18 wins. Liverpool have 9 wins and there has been 2 draws.

Home of Barca Fans