Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Fontas

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Muniesa

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Vertonghen is overrrated, he's not Barça material. 15 million would be a lot for a player like him. He's not a great defender, he's just tall. He's a decent passer, but still, that's not enough to be a Barça player.

DucdeOrléans

I have not followed him closely - but what I have seen has impressed me.

Apparently also the club, because we have been linked to him quite often in the last 2 years.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
buying backups is not worth the money. generally you get what you pay for, which is a player who isn't really good enough to play for your team.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
I thought Vertonghen was a midfielder? He was linked to Barca a while ago 2 fill the defensive midfield problems we had back then, this is the first time i herd him being spoken of in defensive terms...

Last edited:

Jesse1509

^ He used to be a defensive midfielder indeed, but now he's a central defender who joins the midfield, not unlike Piqué. He's a versatile player, because he can play as a left back too, he does that in the Belgian national team. But he's just not good enough to play for us imo.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Can Sakho play at CB? He would be a great addition if he can. And his contract expires in the summer? Crazy.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Can Sakho play at CB? He would be a great addition if he can. And his contract expires in the summer? Crazy.

If he doesn't renew I'm pretty sure there would be solid interest from our side... after all Pep's favorite Abidal is also similar profile player!!

DucdeOrléans

As I wrote yesterday his contract expires in 2012. He is a CB but plays as a left back occasionaly.

Phenomenal talent, although I would not compare him with Abidal but rather Thuram.

Jesse1509

Vertonghen not good enough for Barca? Dude...

He got absolutely raped by Amauri last season....tells you all you need to know, really....he doesn't have the mentality of a defender. If he manages to change that, he'd be a good defender, good enough for us even, but he's just a bit too soft imo.

Home of Barca Fans