Seung Woo Lee

navidjaan

True mystery why Barça are looking to get rid of him. Maybe they dislike his personality. Humble off the pitch, but a showman on it. Also complains constantly to refs and dives.

Rahj

True mystery why Barça are looking to get rid of him. Maybe they dislike his personality. Humble off the pitch, but a showman on it. Also complains constantly to refs and dives.

just look at his cocky goal celebrations, he even trumps ronaldo in that regard, but i don't think thats the only reason he wasn't called up to barca b this season.

navidjaan

Hes 19 now. should be playing first time football at least from the bench. looks good enough for the first team

He didn't play football for Barça from 15 to 18. Be realistic... He shouldn't be on the first team right now. Practically impossible due to the ban.

navidjaan

just look at his cocky goal celebrations, he even trumps ronaldo in that regard, but i don't think thats the only reason he wasn't called up to barca b this season.

He's a primadonna and a showman. Not different to Neymar or Deulofeu, really.

mikia14

Regarding his celebrations he explained many times on Korean media he does it to give happiness to the fans. He said he is thankful to fans coming to see him and just wants to enjoy the moment with the fans. He never does it at Barca. And also in a Korean interview earlier this year, he claimed the Sport article saying he was going to be loaned out to be false. He said something like Barca were adamant on not selling or loaning him out anytime soon so it'll be interesting what happens this summer. He was also asked about big league scouts looking for talent at the U20 tourney to which Lee replied : I have one year left on my contract with Barca and I am happy there so I don't pay attention to scouts.

Last edited:

mikia14

BUT as there is big interest on this kid in Korea, there are lots of reports not only directly from him but from his entourage and agent as well. Here are some quotes from these reports.
- There are interest from England, Germany, Portugal, France, Netherlands etc.
- English teams are the ones that have been asking for him consistently, but Lee cannot move to England due to work permit. (Non EU players have to at least been picked by their respective senior national teams to be considered)
- Lee thinks about succeeding at Barca foremost but also considers regular playing time a big priority.

From his Spanish representative Pau Clavero
"He regained his stamina and confidence this season so I am sure he will perform in the upcoming U20 World Cup."
"It's his first full season after the ban. Lee worked hard to make up for his 3 lost years."
"He has the ability to play for a first team elsewhere. There is a step to take in everything. Lee thinks about current contract only and foremost. We are open to change because we can't be certain about future"
"Lee's probable Barca first team entrance will come later than his senior national team debut"

Just to shed light on some things. Not that it does.
Personally I feel he will play for Barca B next season and move on somewhere else the season after...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans