Seung Woo Lee

God Serena

Iniesta
Rakitic
Busi
Arda
Roberto
Mascherano could be added in this list as well. So yeah, that's 6 world class midfielders.

Ardaand Roberto are very far from being world class.

Mascherano doesn't even play in midfield for the better of the team so I have no idea how you can consider him a world class midfielder on the team.

Gnidrologist

This is splitting hairs. The issue is real - some of the potential midfielders will have to be offloaded.
Suarez would be first on my list. I've watched a lot of Villareal matches (because i like it, not only for Suarez) and he seems mediocre at best.
Roberto is a keeper, because he can play almost anywhere even if he isn't ''world class'' in any particular position. He IS world class, because his versatility. Very few players have this trait. He's Alaba of Barca.
Can't tell anything about Rafinha, have to see him when he returns, but i was never impressed with him. As a AMF Halilovic seem twice a player he is at least talent wise. The former may be more favoured by Lucho because of work rate, but his creativity needs a lot of improvement.
The ''old guard'' and i include Arda there is obviously untouchable as per moment unless Iniesta suddenly completely looses it, but it doesn't seem so.

I rate Samper above Rafinha and Suarez because of incredible footballing IQ he has in comparison to them, but he looses to both of them in physicality. I really can't understand why he is so clumsy and slow. Is it his natural physics or is he lazy in training? If he improved the later, he would be closest thing to ''world class'' among the young ones and could play both DMF and CM roles as he is intelligent enough to understand what he needs to do. I know about bad positioning, when he played in first team as CM, but the same thing plagued S.Roberto, when he was first introduced to first team. That's the simplest thing to fix with experience.

khaled_a_d

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What about getting Spanish Citizenship?

I don't think these players want to get Spanish citizenship, for several reasons. Like what the article said, if any of these players try to circumvent the conscription, even by delaying it they will be alienated back home in South Korea. Plus they are proud Koreans, they certainly don't want to give up their ROK citizenship.

Who wants to become Spanish citizens these days anyway? :D

navidjaan

I'll talk. Apparently, he's been Barça B's most promising player so for in pre-season (tbh though, some of the best players are with the first team). 2 games, 2 goals and 1 assist. This is all very good news, because of the fact that it was unknown how he'd return from his three year long FIFA ban. As hoped for, he improved throughout the end of last season and he is starting this season very well. So well that people who have watched the games aren't in doubt: he should be with the B team next season, not Juvenil A. But there's one problem: the new signings. Also the ones from January. And then there's also Camara who was a regular already and Mujica and Carbonell who have been promoted. So, there are like 7-8 attackers on the B team already, and in reality, he's more talented than all of them together, but because they're new signings and such, it will be hard for him to get minutes. And he's just way too good for Juvenil A level. There is a solution though: playing him in midfield. He played there for South Korea's U19 team as the captain and won comfortably vs England, with him scoring 2 goals.

ALL IN ALL: He has (Paik too) bounced back very well from the FIFA ban, but due to signings, he have to stay at Juvenil A for now. Either way, there are reasons to be excited, because the FIFA ban hasn't broken him or Paik. And Jang will return too next season.

Home of Barca Fans