Seung Woo Lee

Diogo28

So we can only sign boys who are born culés?
You do realize that RM has a lot of supporters in Asia, lets cut all these potential signings just because they like our rival. Hell, lets sell everyone who didnt swear blood and honor to the Estelada.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You do realize that RM has a lot of supporters in Asia, lets cut all these potential signings just because they like our rival. Hell, lets sell everyone who didnt swear blood and honor to the Estelada.

No one suggested that mate, 10Rivaldo was just stating a funny fact. Chill :)

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor

Chill out kid. I never said it was an issue, everyone knows Iniesta was a Madrid fan. It's just something interesting to know about one of our players.

MessiDinho10

Even if Lee was a fan of Real Madrid years ago, he surely isn't now. Had the opportunity to sign for them more than once, and he stayed at Barca for almost three years without being eligible to play official matches. That is loyalty, and I applaud him for it. I hope he does well now he can finally play again.

khaled_a_d

Even if Lee was a fan of Real Madrid years ago, he surely isn't now. Had the opportunity to sign for them more than once, and he stayed at Barca for almost three years without being eligible to play official matches. That is loyalty, and I applaud him for it. I hope he does well now he can finally play again.

He only had that opportunity this week .he wasn't eligible to sign anywhere outside S.Korea during the ban.

khaled_a_d

That's nonsense. He is allowed to sign for anyone he would like to sign for. FIFA has no say in that matter, especially wihin the EU.

No It isn't,he was Under 18 with his family in S.Korea and club that will sign him will be banned .the rules is the same for every club outside his home country
And to be clear ,I am talking about his ban that lasted 3 years .not our transfer ban (they just coincided that they finished few days apart)

No It isn't,he was Under 18 with his family in S.Korea and club that will sign him will be banned .the rules is the same for every club outside his home country
And to be clear ,I am talking about his ban that lasted 3 years .not our transfer ban (they just coincided that they finished few days apart)

I think he would be allowed to "sign" for them in that he could just pledge allegiance to and make a deal with them to actually sign when he could since they did want him.

MessiDinho10

He can sign for anyone. Registering is something else. EU law forbids any restrictment on free movement and signing for employers within the EU for a person with Lee's status, simply put. FIFA's rules have no say in that. Same thing as with Arda and Vidal. Lee even signed a new contract with Barcelona when he turned 16, that would be illegal as well under your explanation and terminology.

khaled_a_d

He can sign for anyone. Registering is something else. EU law forbids any restrictment on free movement and signing for employers within the EU for a person with Lee's status, simply put. FIFA's rules have no say in that. Same thing as with Arda and Vidal. Lee even signed a new contract with Barcelona when he turned 16, that would be illegal as well under your explanation and terminology.

It was illegal and everyone knew it.it was even said right after his signing . It was just a good gesture by both the club and the player .
Lee isn't European and is under the rules of minor .unless he proves he is living in Spain (or any other country) for a non-footballing reasons he isn't allowed to play outside his country .that is the reason why he wasn't allowed to play and then the club was banned b/c of him and other similar cases .Has RM tried to sign him he would be immediately banned and the club could be punished
And btw ,those banning is for European player too but until the age of 16.I am not sure how but that is the way it is and why Théo Chendri was banned initially IIRC
Though it is much easier for the European kids parent to prove they have moved to those countries for non-football reason

MessiDinho10

It was illegal and everyone knew it.it was even said right after his signing . It was just a good gesture by both the club and the player .
Lee isn't European and is under the rules of minor .unless he proves he is living in Spain (or any other country) for a non-footballing reasons he isn't allowed to play outside his country .that is the reason why he wasn't allowed to play and then the club was banned b/c of him and other similar cases .Has RM tried to sign him he would be immediately banned and the club could be punished
And btw ,those banning is for European player too but until the age of 16.I am not sure how but that is the way it is and why Théo Chendri was banned initially IIRC
Though it is much easier for the European kids parent to prove they have moved to those countries for non-football reason

I haven't said a word about Lee being allowed to play outside of his country. Lee legally resided in Spain and therefore EU law applies to him, so do the core values of the EU internal market. This means he can sign contracts with any employer he would like to sign with within the EU.

khaled_a_d

I haven't said a word about Lee being allowed to play outside of his country. Lee legally resided in Spain and therefore EU law applies to him, so do the core values of the EU internal market. This means he can sign contracts with any employer he would like to sign with within the EU.

Not for FIFA ,he isn't . that is why any contract he signs is illegal .so if he signs with RM without playing .he can again play do it for other clubs as his contract is illegal

MessiDinho10

Not for FIFA ,he isn't . that is why any contract he signs is illegal .so if he signs with RM without playing .he can again play do it for other clubs as his contract is illegal

You're right there, his contract was illegal. Your wrong about the reason however. Lee signed a contract for 5 years when he turned 16. A van 16 year old can only sign for three years, so his contract was illegal. Had he signed a contract for three years, it would've been a legal contract. You're overestimating FIFA's power when it comes to labor contracts in the EU, because it's limited.

Home of Barca Fans