Txiki Begiristain

Evil

Shabazz
Full name: Aitor Begiristain Mújica
Date of birth: August 12, 1964
Place of birth: Olaberria, Spain
Height: 1.72 m (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)
Playing position: Right-Winger (Retired)
Current position: FC Barcelona (Director of Football)

v8kjds.jpg

FC Barcelona Sporting director Txiki Begiristain has recentley replied to statements Eto'o has made, and according to El Mundo Txiki wants Eto'o to continue and renew his contract, but at the same time believes that any striker can score with the current Barça.

He also replied on Eto´s comments when he said Mallorca is the club where his heart lies, “What he said is perfectly normal. There is nothing wrong with it,” Txiki also assured the fans that the club is in very safe hands, and that when the right time arrives both parties will look for an agreement. However, they are keeping a good-eye on the market.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is what we get when we randomly appoint an ex (average) player and a former Madridista as sporting director.
Where did he acquire his top management skills? La Coruna? What schools exactly? And why does he keep bitching about Eto instead of doing his job. Like signing Hleb for 18 mil. for example. Did he ever answer that question? And finally, did he hear about rhinoplasty?

Evil

Shabazz
I understand his job. Pep has no time to pick up scout reports and look up so many players who could be possible candidates to play for Barça. What I don´t like is Txiki taking the decesions, I would be more happy with him if he just gathered the information and tabs on players, and then let´s Pep take the decesion on who to buy. This way we can avoid cases like Henry or Hleb .. It´s normal that the coach will know better who can fit in and who can´t.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
I understand his job. Pep has no time to pick up scout reports and look up so many players who could be possible candidates to play for Barça. What I don´t like is Txiki taking the decesions, I would be more happy with him if he just gathered the information and tabs on players, and then let´s Pep take the decesion on who to buy. This way we can avoid cases like Henry or Hleb .. It´s normal that the coach will know better who can fit in and who can´t.

Henry? I agree with Hleb but Henry has been really good in Barca..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bad news people (or good, depending on your preference). Laporta "rewarded" Txiki with a new contract (until 2010). Current one was expiring this year.

maz

I walk the line
We could do better, but we could do worse. I dont think he deserves most of the stick he gets, but he clearly isnt the best thing since sliced bread.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
I think Pep's the best thing after sliced bread but that's a different issue, speaking on subject this is not good. We'll be overspending and selling on cheap till 2010! :'(

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
After Pep, Tito and Cruyff talked about the importance of playing without the pressure here comes Txiki with his usual shite. I swear, this guy is an idiot. A regular plain idiot.
Bragging about the big squad (thank you for Caceres and Hleb who cost us almost 40 mil. and Pep can`t use them) + saying that the team has an awful! a lot to lose.
:angry:

txiki265.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This guy is pathetic. Only few days ago it seemed that Valdes is out. Laporta returns from his little vacation in Israel and voila... Valdes signs.
Can someone remind me what is Txiki paid to do?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The club is trying to claim that Laporta didn't speak to VV but I don't believe that for a second. Are we really expected to believe that a deal being brokered within hours of the president returning to Catalunya is a coincidence when before it looked like we were searching for Victor's replacement?

Monte-Barça

Ziga-Zagar
The main problem with Txiki is his ugliness. No one wants to negotiate with him :) We need some pretty sporting director... Maybe a woman :)

Seriously, he's the weakest part of he management.
On the other hand I have no problem with Laporta's mandatory extension.

Home of Barca Fans