Txiki Begiristain

Zqa-

This guy is pathetic. Only few days ago it seemed that Valdes is out. Laporta returns from his little vacation in Israel and voila... Valdes signs.
Can someone remind me what is Txiki paid to do?

Laporta is a lawyer, he can persuade people to do anything. He he.

About Txiki... I have no idea.

maz

I walk the line
This guy is pathetic. Only few days ago it seemed that Valdes is out. Laporta returns from his little vacation in Israel and voila... Valdes signs.
Can someone remind me what is Txiki paid to do?

Good cop bad cop.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Credit where credit is due (provided it`s Txiki who is behind this and not Laporta). I know there weren`t many people who were satisfied with Txiki`s work in the last 12 months and I acknowledge that Maxwell ain`t exactly a top player but Barca managed to get him for a fair price + in secrecy.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Managing to get a Maxwell at a fair price seems very different now that we are about to pay 45+ million euros + Eto for Ibrahimovic and understanding that the Maxwell deal was a part of it.
And I just got my hopes up for Txiki.
Nice pic of him in US while at the same time Mascherano is in Barcelona.

nebeer

Love is All
I'm pretty happy with Txiki's work. Of course he got Maxwell cheap and landing Zlatan was also amazing.

JALJM

I've never really criticized Txiki before.....but I fully underestimated exactly how much balls he sucks. The few signings he has made have been rejected by Pep.

Come on dude, you have like 2 weeks to not be a failure...

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The retard's actually managed to weaken the squad and take us into a new season with less players than before whilst blowing tens of millions on a player Pep would rather send out on loan than have at Barça.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
The retard's actually managed to weaken the squad and take us into a new season with less players than before whilst blowing tens of millions on a player Pep would rather send out on loan than have at Barça.
Who else but Txiki!

[YOUTUBE]sr-0-El9cqs[/YOUTUBE]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
While I changed my mind about Laporta to a certain extent, I never did so about Txiki. Guy is simply not displaying the qualities of a businessman. Furthermore, he comes across as a man who has poor people`s skills. I don`t know him but from what I`ve seen of him in some interviews, he just doesn`t seem to be communicative. And that, in my book, is management trait no.2.
How hard must it be to lure a player into playing for the best team in the world?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
"How hard must it be to lure a player into playing for the best team in the world" :lol:, very true.

It's most certainly his role to bring in new players that will work for the team, but to me it seems he always has the help of Laporta or another member of the board. In the past, i've never really heard much about Txiki taking on sole responsiblity of bringing a world-class or even just a good player to the team on his own, but I could be wrong. Either way, when you look back at certain big transfers; Ronaldinho; Eto'o; Deco; Henry*; and now Ibrahimovic, it seems Laporta and co (excluding Txiki of course) have concluded the deals.

* If I remember correctly, I think it was leaked that Laporta was angry at Txiki for failing to get Henry after the 2005/06 season and instead went and got him a year later himself.

This is a question CA will know, but who ever does just clear this up for me...

Is Txiki's role connected with the club or to the reign of the president?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
This is a question CA will know, but who ever does just clear this up for me...

Is Txiki's role connected with the club or to the reign of the president?

Txiki has a contract with FC Barcelona just as any member of staff does i.e. players, managers, coaches. Of course his profile is politically relevant, he is very much linked to Laporta and any president depends on his technical secretary to carry out his will. Txiki's contract expires at the end of the season but Laporta has spoken about extending it (into the mandate of the next president) to ensure continuity. Not what an incoming president wants, I'm sure.

Home of Barca Fans