Daniel Agger

F

Frejsgodes

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger (29) and Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu (29) are at this moment among the main centre back options [sport]

Make it happen, Zubi!

Denmark's brutal defeat against Armenia showed how valuable Agger really is. He could be the important piece we're missing at CB.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

He's obviously more valuable to Liverpool their current CB situation taken into consideration, but you have to admit that skill wise he'd fit right in at Barca.

I agree, I just don't want him to leave Liverpool. If he was from a different club I'd be all for it.

abual3bed1

Agger is the best choice given the situations with Silva and Hummels. But like XMG, I don't want to see him leaving Liverpool.

abual3bed1

Well he's a year older than Thiago Silva, the same age as Mathieu and I don't see any harm in a defender at 29. That's where they come to their best.

dostoevskij

Well he's a year older than Thiago Silva, the same age as Mathieu and I don't see any harm in a defender at 29. That's where they come to their best.

Agger is actually a few months YOUNGER than Thiago Silva, he was born in december 1984!

note sure about him, if he stays fit he would surely help us a lot to defend set pieces, he can play the ball AND he is left footed. depends on the price...

ebc_99

The thing about Barca at their best is that defenders don't need to be world class, Agger would be fine in Barca of 2011, so if next season the midfield and attack are at a similar high level then Agger would do well I think.

Tomchin

If Thiago Silva isn't an option, who do you guys prefer: Marquinhos, David Luiz or Agger?

I have a feeling that we'll try to sign T. Silva all summer, and eventually (at the end of the transfer-window) we'll end up signing Agger.

How much would he cost?

And is he more injury-prone than T. Silva?

Home of Barca Fans