Mats Hummels

Blaugrana94

Mats Hummels
Mats Hummels (23) is a German player who plays for Borussia Dortmund and the German national football team, as a central defender. He's a big defender - 1.91 meter tall.

He previously played for Bayern Munich, but they could not use him. Now he's Dortmund's biggest star and IMO the best defender in the first part of this season.

Koma

Hm, can't imagine what would Hummels and Badstuber be if Mats remained in Munich, they would be the best partnership in the world and could go and play together for Bayern and Germany for years..

Trequartista

The good
dortmund's best player this season so far in my opinion and one of the best young defenders on earth if not the best

Subotic-Hummels = best young CB partnership in Europe.

true,the patnership is awesome,what makes it even more entertaining is the way they build the attack from defence,anyway for me mats will be always the better player

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Mats Hummels
Mats Hummels (23) is a German player who plays for Borussia Dortmund and the German national football team, as a central defender. He's a big defender - 1.91 meter tall.

He previously played for Bayern Munich, but they could not use him. Now he's Dortmund's biggest star and IMO the best defender in the first part of this season.

Indeed the probably best defender in the BL so far, although not really dortmunds biggest star (there are still Sahin and Kagawa, maybe Barrios or the young gun Götze).

Bayern also surely miss him currently, there were also rumors that he could come back (its said that he has a buyout clause of 8M for 2012), but he is apparently negotiating for a new contract and staying in dortmund for the next years is imo the clearly best decision he could take anyway.

A final few words regarding his strength: He is not only a good tackler and due to his size very strong in the air, but what is most noticeable is his anticipation and positioning. He is exceptional at intercepting passes to attackers by moving out of the back 4 with the right timing and thus a high success rate, and then instantly transitions to attack, building it up right away. Thats anyway one of the reasons for dortmunds success.

coolasif

I am not transfer muppet but i seriously hope that we buy him next summer.Pique-Hummels partnership might be answer of our defensive problem in the foreseeable future.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Honestly, I'd rather see a fleet footed CB to pair with Pique...Game is faster & faster and not having a fast CB is going to be a weakness for the opposition to try & exploit

coolasif

Honestly, I'd rather see a fleet footed CB to pair with Pique...Game is faster & faster and not having a fast CB is going to be a weakness for the opposition to try & exploit
whom do you recommend? agile as well as defensively solid CBs are rare breed these days

mejji^

hummels all the way, great game opening, vision, good at corners

fast enough for a cb

pique&hummels eternal love

Home of Barca Fans