Mats Hummels

Vegy

I am a hugeee fan on this player. I'd really like to see him playing for Barcelona. Why? Here's a few reasons:
1)Hummels is very good with the ball. Dortmund plays similar to Barcelona and he is very comfortable with that kind of style.
2)He reminds me of Pique and Lucio with his accurate passes from the back and attacking runs from the deep.
3)He is excellent in the air.
4)Can mark players out of the game.
5)One of the most attractive attributes he has is his ability to intercept passes. VERY useful for us!
6)Very young
7)Very disciplined. If I'm correct he even got less fouls than Pique last season and only lost to Thiago Silva in that aspect.
8)FAST!
9)Injury free

So a perfect Center Back! The only player who I consider to be a better defensive option for Barca is Thiago Silva. But Hummels is younger and cheaper than him.

An IDEAL replacement for our captain!

coolasif

We don't need neymar or Gotze.King puyol is getting older and it's our holy grail to get a CB next season.My vote goes for this guy.My mouth is watering to see hummels teams up with pique in the foreseeing future :)

Yugi

hummels_zivil-1290168520_zoom34_crop_600x450_600x450+139+32.jpg

mats-hummels-03.jpg

tumblr_lj58f80Eqx1qcezyso1_500.png

hummels-mit-strohhalm-15369449-mfb-quer%25252CtemplateId%25253DrenderScaled%25252Cproperty%25253DBild%25252Cheight%25253D349.jpg

I want to see him at Barca next summer, great defender and could create deadly duo with Pique

W

woobie

You might want to stake your claim in the Men thread if you really want dibs, Yugi. :D

catalan force

Well i havent seen much of him..but he is the starting CB of germany, won Bundesliga last year and BVB's defence was praised by all..major credits going to subotic and hummels. Pep doesnt rate fontas much or else he would have already played this season, i like botia but i think pep doesnt want him, Bartra/sergi gomez might come good, puyol is ageing, abidal too. I would really like us to go for a long term CB next summer which will settle our CB pairing for 5/6 years atleast..thiago silva is 28..though the CBs tend to become more godly with their age..hummels at 23 years old..and with the potential he has would be a perfect signing. we might have to spend a lot to get him but if we do..our team would be almost complete barring the left back spot and we wont need to spend huge sums for a couple of next seasons atleast.

SeloBarca

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX7xe2cuZbI

Seems like a very "calm" defender, like Abidal. Looks quite nice just from watching that, only thing i could see though is that he "bumrushes" players a bit to much, in LaLiga with their dribbling skills, a little flip to the side can send him up on the stands.

Ill add him to my list of:

T. Silva
D. Luiz
M. Hummels

A good Central Defender is what we should look for next, but Pep havent been really known for signing players outside LaLiga or players he meets in CL

Robbie

Barca need a CB and he's the most technically proficient CB I've seen in years. Put 2 and 2 together and there's a good chance that Barca will make a bid. Not only that but Dortmund will not hit the same heights they did last season and this summer the vultures will be out. Goetze, Kagawa, and Hummels will definitely be all over the papers after the Euros this summer.

Yugi

dont think Goetze will be out, he will stay season or two more but then will move to United, Madrid or Barca...
but god, I hope we will make bid for Hummels and will buy him

jamrock

I like this guy, he and pique would be just awesome, he has just enough of the wild eyes to complement pique, so we won't have a pique-marquez thing were they are so sexy for much of the game, that they get caught up in their own sexiness every now and then.

I'll take any one of Hummels,Silva and lastly Sakho.

which means two of muniesa,fontas,bartra or gomez is out, but thats life

Home of Barca Fans