• LB

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • CB

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx for posting the thread once again (this time with a poll) ;)

LB definitely. While Abidal looks good as CB he hasn't really been tested in the toughest matches.

alex 10

Thanx for posting the thread once again (this time with a poll) ;)

LB definitely. While Abidal looks good as CB he hasn't really been tested in the toughest matches.

will be tested against arsenal
so i think thats when we are going to see how good he is at LB

Povikas

Brandon
I like when he plays as a CB, cause then he can cover up more parts of the back. in which he's constantly good at.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He has been superb lately, if you remember in past seasons when he played there he looked a total liability against anyone. So his game has improved massively. Yet to be tested against a really top class attack though, so we'll see how he does in the big games coming up if he gets to play there. His composure and pace are a real asset in the middle though.

Trequartista

The good
Well I will prefer him centrally if the team had a reliable leftback(Defensively),he adds pace and his passing in the build up is superb,he also can cover the space behind the leftback as he is good in reading the game and he can use his pace in covering which may allow the team to use an attacking minded left back wihout needing another defensive midfielder or Keita in covering him,despite all of this He cant feature in the best XI for Barca as Maxwell and Adiano are both good but terribly inconsistent
so for now his best position is as a leftback considering the fact that there are 2 world class CBs in the team plus a LB in the Barca system actually end up as a 3rd centreback

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Well I will prefer him centrally if the team had a reliable leftback(Defensively),he adds pace and his passing in the build up is superb,he also can cover the space behind the leftback as he is good in reading the game and he can use his pace in covering which may allow the team to use an attacking minded left back wihout needing another defensive midfielder or Keita in covering him,despite all of this He cant feature in the best XI for Barca as Maxwell and Adiano are both good but terribly inconsistent
so for now his best position is as a leftback considering the fact that there are 2 world class CBs in the team plus a LB in the Barca system actually end up as a 3rd centreback

Well said.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Abidal must be left back in the 2nd leg as Maxwell is useless.

Who would we have in the center though? I wouldn't mind Busquets in the center as he did a decent job there last time but we would have to play Mascherano and he's a bit rusty. Maybe Pep should give him some game time in the next league matches.

maz

I walk the line
Abidal really wasn't the problem tonight. Pique seems to be mentally Even though Abidal filled in well defensively, we lacked that hunger at the back that Puyol brings.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Abidal certainly wasn't the problem, he did very well alongside Pique. It's also likely that he'll stay put for the second leg aswell, since Pique is now suspended. I remember we had Marquez and Milito for last years game at the Camp Nou, we can't possibly provide a worse pairing than that. (Please note that I love Marquez and Milito)

Pedram123

Im thinking about Busquets - Puyol at CB Abidal at LB and Mascherano at DM.
It's very risky though, and could go horribly wrong - It would also be Mascherano's first big game in the Blaugrana shirt.

Home of Barca Fans