12 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: abidal CB or LB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Puyol-milito CB pairing with Abidal at LB.
    MILITO!?!?! no way!

For the next arsenal game, i'd say puyol abidal and maxwell LB. no way i would trust milito.

The Magnificent Nose
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him CB but we alredy have some good CB's
    'VISCA BARCA'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This season Pep wanted Abi to multitask and to my understanding, the frenchman has performed extraordinary well on both LB and also on CB when required.

With Piqué & Puyol are on the team, clearly he's got to be the LB to keep the strongest 4 players in the back (with Alves).

However, if one of the CB's is missing, then we have a solid debate: Secure the LB or give strengh to the heart of the defense?
    I'd like to think it depends on who we're playing against.

For example, wihout Puyol and against Arsenal, I'd keep Abidal as LB to keep Arsenal's wingers in check.
    But... if the opponents were Chelsea, I'd place Abi as CB and Maxwell (or Adriano) on the LB.

Shukran Pep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As good as he has played in CB recently, lets not it was only a handful of games. Not hating on him as a CB or anything but I think he is already proven to be a solid LB, in CB I'll reserve my final opinion until I see him maintain that same level for a longer run of games against tougher opposition.
    Alfredo Di Stéfano, Real Madrid's greatest ever player and the honorary president, spoke out. "Barcelona's football was simply brilliant," he said in his weekly column. "Their superiority was there for the whole planet to see: the whites were cornered all game. Barcelona play football and dance. They treat the ball with adoration and respect, almost nurturing it. To see this team in action is a delight."