Davide Santon

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Davide Santon (born 2 January 1991 in Portomaggiore, Ferrara) is an Italian footballer who plays for Serie A club Internazionale. He is an attacking full back who can play on both sides and is known for his energetic runs down the flank.

One of the most exciting products to come through the youth ranks at Inter in recent years, Santon has the world at his feet. He was drafted into the first team at the start of the 2008/09 season and quickly made a name for himself in the left-back role, earning a call-up to Italy's Confederations Cup squad. Ambidextrous and technically gifted, he likes to get forward from the full-back position.

Cristiano Ronaldo said, about Santon, "I was impressed by Santon; he is a really interesting lad and a great footballer." He has also become subject of praise from former Italy head coach Marcello Lippi, who described Santon as "A predestined that reminds of a young Paolo Maldini."

Santon made his international debut for the then World Champions only when he was 18! He's sure going to go places, really an exciting talent

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like Inter are really intent on selling Santon... Come on Zubi. Unleash the magic again! Could be some God damn awesome coup for our future!!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We've got to give our answer for the Ibra robbery now, haven't we!?

We could make him play the back up role at RB position, which is his natural position & make the Brazilian LBs rotate there!!

Last edited:

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
He aint sold, on loan only, which is great move. He didint take all the chances he was given, never impressed really, apart from the game where he had CR in his pocket.

He will be starter at Cesena, good move by Inter to loan him out.

Koma

Well, what can you expect from a guy that came through Inter academy (lol i didn't knew they even have academy they only buy players), he'll probably end up in some semi table team from Italia, this loan is first step.

Interista

He's a very talented player but he's incredibly frail in defense. Needs to get first team expereience. What a deal we got. Nagatomo is an incredible player.

veryfatchocobo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Inter got Nagatomo. Thank god it's a loan though. I say we need an attacking LB like Nagatomo for next year.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's really only ever shown glimpses of being a talent, IMO...Been hyped for a few seasons now but has shown precious little...He's 20 and perhaps regular football will finally reveal whether there's something there but it's yet another good deal for Inter...Nagatomo is a lot better defender

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
No defender is special at 20. He will end up in AC Milan one day and be great. Only if Inter weren't so frustrating.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
I doutb Inter will let him go that easily. He is on loan only ffs, lets see what happens in Cesena first, shall we?

He lost much credibilty lately, some say it is lack of first team play, some say he isnt special player. I wont comment who is right and who is wrong, we will see now. But i know that apart from few games including the ManU one, he has been average or bad...

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
No defender is special at 20. He will end up in AC Milan one day and be great. Only if Inter weren't so frustrating.

The problem is, it's possible, but he hasn't shown nearly enough to put him on the fast track to greatness. He could be the next Coco. Well probably not, because he doesn't seem that dumb, but right now he looks like an upcomming above average wingback. I'd love him on Fiorentina and was upset when the fat man was hired because we were trying to con you into a deal at that time, but of all the deals to Fiorentina that fell through recently, lets just say that's the one I lose the least amount of sleep over.

He's no David Luiz.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans