Mamadou Sakho

Meitux

I love how people are saying that this guy can't improve our defense when our CB's last year included Bartra and Adriano on a fairly regular basis. Bartra might be Barca class in a few years, but come on now. Sahko gives us height, tenacity, and no-nonsense defense. That is what the Barca execs want because that is what Puyi brought to the pairing. Pique comes forward, gambles, and sometimes get caught out. Puyi was the muscle and the enforcer, and that is what Sakho brings. For 15 mil, its a steal. Sure, he had a crap season. But so did Pique, and people still seem to love him.

Give me a real CB over someone inexperienced and unproven like Bartra, or someone just genuinely out of position like Adriano. We can't expect to win the UCL with the same kind of backline mentality we had last year. A stop gap is so much better than just a gap.
Personally judging from our problems, he won't make a big difference. Nobody says we can rely on Pique who is off form the last 2 years, Mascherano a defensive midfielder who doesn't work as CB, and obviously Puyol with his injuries and Adriano who is injury prone too and isn't simply a CB and Bartra who is not convincing at the moment.But, that doesn't make Sakho look good, people are so desperate for someone that are comparing him to our bad defenders, we talk generally of what player is he.

If you are telling he is a steal why he can't have a place in the PSG defence when Alex who is average is ahaid of him? Its not only about one season, you can use the excuse that he gets minutes but he's never trusted in big games. Always in the bench for the champions leauge games. He was rated to improve much back in years but right now he hasn't shown any sort of improvement. Not to mention that because of his bad attitude and our defensive problems that we can't rely on the bad Pique, he''ll be the one playing the most and have the weight of defence, and without any serious competition he won't work hard. You are expecting much more things than this player can offer.

Im and i still am always of the opinion that we need 2 CB's but right now what can we expect? I'd even get Mathieu ahaid of him who has the right mentality for it. Him and one young defender with potential would be fine, to give competition for Pique also. Everybody including myself wanted something better than than, but at the current moment this is what we have.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No please don't sign Sakho... He's an idiot, a lost cause. I would much rather try and improve our youngsters than try to put some sense into that idiot

mixer

No please don't sign Sakho... He's an idiot, a lost cause. I would much rather try and improve our youngsters than try to put some sense into that idiot
images

Sakho :facepalm:

Blaugrana Man

Of course he'd improve our defense, even a wooden post would...

He's just not the guy we really need... He's an option if we can't manage to get someone better

He certainly would not be the ideal signing, but the ideal signing isn't coming. Rosell wanted Neymar and that is it. Losing Thiago for peanuts was absurd, and chasing a player that was NEVER coming to Camp Nou all summer was laughable at best. Now, we need to find someone to fill the massive void in our back line, and that means paying twice what Luiz is worth, going for Sakho or Vertonghen (who I would prefer), or signing a temporary fix like Mathieu. Either way, not signing anyone at all is about as ridiculous of a notion as our board has ever entertained.

BUT . . . you heard it here first -- Chygrynskiy is coming back!

Bertus

The main problems with Sakho is not his lack of skills (and some people here definitely don't follow him like I do (psg fan here), because there's a galaxy of différences between Silva and Sakho. Even Alex, who's 32yo is better than him, especially in passing and positioning. Both are terribly slow tho)

His main problem is his personality.

Each time he has to compete with a teammate for a regular place, he starts pouting, and instead of training even more, he then just tursn the head and does nothing but complaining.

As soon as Tata, LIKE IN EVERY BIG CLUBS, will tell him that he does mistakes and should improve, or he'll lose his regular place; expect sakho to start slacking while publicly complaining in every medias that interview him.

This guy considers himself as very good and doesn't accept competition with other CBs.

But if you want more dramas, take him in.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They're doing us a favour actually.

True. In any case all we really need is one tall CB who'll keep Pique on his toes. For other CB place I'm not giving up on Puyol and Mascherano just yet. Former has been unfortunate with injuries and latter can play a CB effectively as proven in his first season. Time will tell how things work under Tata.

Bertus

Well....

I might translate for ya guys an article published by LeParisien that got informations on sakho's situation, but I need some time that i don't have right now.

Tidbits:

- He wants to leave PSG at all cost.
- Nasser still has doubts about his potential (he still believes he can turn good :lol: ............)
- Therefore, Nasser would prefer a loan + a new contract
- So the plan is to make him sign a new contract, then loan him, and decide to sell him or not next year.
- Liverpool wants him, but not sure about making him a regular because they are happy with Agger and co.
- He's the third choice on Barcelona shortlist after Luiz (1) and Agger (2)

More news later.

Shegzy

SPORT now says he's gonna be loaned to Liverpool so we will get Agger.

just like marquinhos went to psg and we sign silva.he is going to liverpool as a possible replacement of skrtel,so he,agger and toure will be the 3cb's coupled with one from liverpool academy.

Home of Barca Fans