Messi, Pedro and Villa trident

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It seemed impossible to match the records of previous Barca trident that consisted of Messi, Eto'o and Henry. The trio totaled 100 goals in a season: 38 - Messi, 36 - Eto and 26 Henry. It's only been two years and Barca is on track to beat that record. The three strikers in the team now total 66 goals in all competitions (44 only in the league), eleven more than Messi, Eto'o and Henry totaled at this point of the season when they had 55 goals.

foto_459158_CAS.jpg

Currently, Messi stands at 33 (last year marked 47), Villa 16, and Pedro 17. The figure illustrates perfectly the difference between Barca and the rest of championship teams: Messi, Pedro and Villa have made more goals than all teams in the La Liga, except for Real Madrid.

desoe

And some people actually thought that Pedro could be a "one season wonder" ?

17 goals from the kid and it's still January!

LaMessiah

It's pretty remarkable what this team is doing right now... have to fight complacency and Pep is the perfect coach for that!

Let us not forget how many assists Messi has racked up this season. At least 15 I believe

dalitis8

Banned
35 goals and at least 18 assists for Leo up to now...

I want him to score a hat-trick against Arsenal here in London.

By the way it is quite possible, that our current trident is better than Henry-Eto'o-Messi from 08/09

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I love the trident but let's face it; it's basically Messi. He scores and assists the same as both Pedro and Villa combined. Villa and Pedro are great but also two lucky bastards :)

dalitis8

Banned
Messi is defo the superior player and by a massive margin, but Villa/Pedro workrate and involvement are absolutely essential to the trident...it is quite conceivable that even if some more talented players were in their shoes, the whole system would have been less efficient.

Home of Barca Fans