Jose Enrique

Hatem Ben Arfa

Aye I saw that link today. he's been linked with Man Utd and Bayern Munich in the last few days. AND NOW AC Milan are supposedly having him scouted and are going to prepare a bid!

I wonder if blueduck still thinks he's average and nothing more than a decent player for team like Newcastle!:lol:

Just goes to show that some people know F--- All about football!

Enrique has been the best performing Left Back in the Premier League this season, it's FACT! Even many fans of other clubs are admitting it. But Blueduck says he's average and nothing more than decent for a club like Newcastle. :lol:

I don't think he'll join AC Milan, he said he'd only go back to Spain and that only Barcelona would ever tempt him away from Newcastle as he loves the club.

As for the story being Bull, not entirely, Gazetta Dello Sport is very reliable when it comes to things like this. They've only been embarrassingly wrong on saying Iniesta will win Ballon D'or.

Last edited:

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
I don't think he's good enough for Barcelona.. Fabio Coentrao is much better and would be the best option for Barcelona, IMO.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Worst game in an NUFC shirt tonight.

I disagree with you there.

The goal was Mike Williamson's fault. Jose clearly steps up early to play offside. Willo clearly wasn't paying attention to the line. I disagree with the commentator saying it was bad defending by Jose.

Only mistakes Jose made were taking a risk near the back by trying to go by a player(which he seems to do successfully ALL the time without failure) and losing the ball.

He played some of his best football tonight, especially going forward and in tight spaces with his link up play with Jonas. Commentators were praising Jose the whole game up until the goal, which I still maintain was not his fault.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Barcelona Ready to rival Liverpool for Newcastle Full back Jose Enrique

www.insidefutbol.com/2011/02/27/barcelona-ready-to-rival-liverpool-for-newcastle-full-back-jose-enrique/38153/

I hope this is true. Jose Enrique REALLY IS GOOD ENOUGH for Barcelona. HE IS BETTER THAN Maxwell! HE IS the Best Left Back in the Premier League based on the merit of his performances this season. I'm sick of people who say he doesn't score goal and therefore stupidly reason that someone like Leighton Baines is better than him because he scores goals. A Left Back's job first and foremost is to DEFEND and Jose Enrique has done that better than ANY other Left Back in the Premier League this season. Jose's attacking play has been fantastic as well, such close ball control, surging beautiful runs/dribbles that Messi would be proud of, and his delivery from wide areas has been top class in recent games. He came within 1 tackle of scoring a 'Messi' goal a few weeks ago, would have been some goal.

I wish him well if he leaves. Newcastle United seem to have no ambition under our owner, and our manager recently said it will be at 3 years before we can hold on to our best players in order to sort finances (Our finances are fine after Carroll sale, LIARS) and that no one is unsaleable. Newcastle will likely see Tiote(Real Madrid), Enrique, Barton and maybe even Gutierrez(Man City) sold for a profit in the transfer market, because that is all our owner is interested in.

But again for those who doubt. I am not being a biased Newcastle fan, Jose Enrique has performed better than all other Left Backs in the Premier League this season, and is a perfect fit for Barcelona given the way he plays and his ability.

I hope he gets the move to Barca because he deserves to win things and play at the top level with a club that has real ambition.

Also he won't be too expensive for Barca because in the Summer Jose will have 1 year left on his contract! £6 million has been mentioned, but I reckon £10 Million pounds would get you him. Jose is easily worth £25 million, but because he contract runs out soon, you can get him for much cheaper than that. Would be a good deal for Barcelona.

Last edited:

iookram

I've got a soft spot for Newcastle(my dad's club) so I watch them every week and Jose Enrique has been absolutely brilliant. Still, MASSIVELY underrated.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I've got a soft spot for Newcastle(my dad's club) so I watch them every week and Jose Enrique has been absolutely brilliant. Still, MASSIVELY underrated.

Aye he is! It seems you only get rave reviews if you play for 1 of the big teams. If Jose was playing for one of the top 4, the media would be kissing his bum saying he's the best Left Back in the league. But because he plays for newly promoted Newcastle.........He is MASSIVELY underated.

He should have had a Spain call up much earlier in the season. Can't believe Del Bosque has not had a look at him.

iookram

Aye he is! It seems you only get rave reviews if you play for 1 of the big teams. If Jose was playing for one of the top 4, the media would be kissing his bum saying he's the best Left Back in the league. But because he plays for newly promoted Newcastle.........He is MASSIVELY underated.

He should have had a Spain call up much earlier in the season. Can't believe Del Bosque has not had a look at him.

Yeah... He could really replace Capdevila in the starting 11 if he continues his rate of growth.

iookram

Why would an NUFC fan want our best player to leave? You're mad HBA.

I think that HBA is speaking in terms of Jose Enrique's own career prospects. Obviously we wouldn't want him to leave... But if Barca want him, then surely we can't argue that he should reject such an opportunity?

I don't want him to leave. Just being realistic.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
so now Jose Enrique is linked to us!? It would be good to have a celeb Enrique for a fan and another Enrique for a player :D

Hatem Ben Arfa

Newcastle United fullback Jose Enrique is being offered a dream return to Spain - at Barcelona.

Local radio Cadena Ser says Enrique is on the shopping list of Barca sports chief Andoni Zubizarreta.

Zubi is eager to find a new left-back signing, with the futures of Eric Abidal and Maxwell clouded and Adriano failing to impress.

Enrique is now emerging as a top target and Barca had their English scouts see the Spaniard turn in a five-star display against Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.

Looks like there might be more weight to this rumour than first thought if Spanish Radio are now reporting that he was watch by Zubi. Jose Enrique is such a good player, and perfect match for Barcelona. He's 10 million miles better than Maxwell!

Why would an NUFC fan want our best player to leave? You're mad HBA.

I certainly don't want him to leave us. But given the recent dark clouds of doubt that surround the Ambition of NUFC under Mike Ashley, I certainly wouldn't blame Jose if he wanted to move to a club with a true and clear ambition to win things. A club where he will without doubt win all titles in club football. A club that would finally give him the recognition he deserves getting him into the Spain squad.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Phil Thompson is in Norway for norweigan television doing the Villa-Newcy game and has stated that from what he has heard Jose Enrique to Liverpool is a done deal.

Brilliant news if true. Baines or Enrique, for us are the 2 best available left backs we can get so I'd have been delighted with either, even though Baines was my No.1 choice, I think Enrique is also a very good player and would be a major improvement at left back for us.

Home of Barca Fans