Jose Enrique

Hatem Ben Arfa

When Adam Johnson came on vs you lot he tore him apart and eventually scored due to Jose Enrique not marking him tight enough. Exhibit A: Link

I'll admit I have only watched him in big games but he has barely stood out at all. He's a decent player for a team like Newcastle but he's nothing more than that.

Yes Jose should have done better & known Johnson was always gong to try come back on his left foot. To say the goal is Jose's fault is such an overstatement and over-exaggeration. It's not like Johnson got past Jose Enrique! Johnson only got past Barton. Enrique didn't manage to block the shot in time. That goal is not really Jose's fault and it certainly doesn't erase the FANTASTIC PERFORMANCES HE HAS PUT IN WEEK IN WEEK OUT IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.

You have picked 1 example, as if it validates your opinion that he is not that good a player. He has been the Best Left Back in the Premier League this season by far!

All you can say is that he is a decent player:lol: You need to watch more Newcastle games.

And if Kolarov is worth 18 Million pounds then Enrique is worth at least 30 million!

It seems people don't think a left back is any good unless they are scoring goals and forget completely that their job 1s and foremost is to DEFEND!!!! :lol: If the Left back isn't scoring goals then how can they be a good left back seems to be the rhetoric I'm sensing :lol:

Last edited:
B

blueduck

For people laughing. Please tell me, which other Left Back in the world has their name sang loudly by the fans EVERY SINGLE GAME, HOME AND AWAY, EVERY WEEK, because they have performed to an unbelievably high level and so consistently WEEK IN WEEK OUT?

Because the fans sing his name more than any other left back it means he's the best in the world.

You cannot be serious. I really think it's past your bed time. I hope I am misunderstanding you though...

The only time I've seen him directly at fault for a goal in 2 seasons. I'd argue that goal is down to a good finish rather than the fullback being directly beaten too. (I was at that game btw :()

Ask any level headed NUFC fan young or old and they'll tell you he's far too good for us. He doesn't stand out because he's not a flash player, but he's ruthlessly effective defensively. I've watched your £18 million Serbian's career at Lazio and as an example he's not a better natural defender than Enrique is. He'll fire in a freekick from 25 yards but he couldn't mark a wide player out of a game, never has done.

I'd prefer it he stayed our secret in all honesty. I can see why you'd scoff at claims especially with the way my peer his hyping him within this thread, but I can understand entirely why he's convinced of his qualities.

I was there too, I remember De Jong's fair challenge on Ben Arfa aswell. ;) It wasn't just the goal, when Johnson came on Enrique didn't know what to do and looked very suspect.

Kolorov has marked out plenty of players this season, we have one of the best defences in the league statistically too. At city we use the fullbacks a lot as wide attacking outlets, so you will see more of him going forward.

Sewelly

Johnson on form could make the best of fullbacks look suspect, especially when played on the 'wrong side'. That short spell is not an exhaustive evidence sample to right a player off with.

Personally, I'd happily give an honest, unbiased assessment on any of our players. From your point of I could understand exactly why somebody talking about a fullback from newly promoted team as a potential Barca player seems ridiculous and deluded, especially a player that looked quite poor last time we were in the Premier League. However I'm not going to change my opinion on him, he's improved beyond comprehension over the last year or so and is rightly being highly praised for his performances this season. Fullback is the kind of position where only a fan who watches every full 90 minutes of games rather than MotD highlights once a week would truly appreciate how good or bad a player is, and he's an excellent player. Put my neck on the line and say he'll be playing for Spain and/or a much bigger club than ourselves within 2 years.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Because the fans sing his name more than any other left back it means he's the best in the world.

You cannot be serious. I really think it's past your bed time. I hope I am misunderstanding you though...

I was there too, I remember De Jong's fair challenge on Ben Arfa aswell. ;) It wasn't just the goal, when Johnson came on Enrique didn't know what to do and looked very suspect.

Kolorov has marked out plenty of players this season, we have one of the best defences in the league statistically too. At city we use the fullbacks a lot as wide attacking outlets, so you will see more of him going forward.

Johonson didn't go past Enrique at all for that goal. He only went past Barton. Enrique didn't get tight because he saw Barton coming back to challenge. Jose should have read that he was going to come onto his left foot though, that I admit. Jose failed in blocking in the shot.

No, fans singing his name every game to the rafters every week does not make him the best left back in the World. His performances week in week out in the Premier League go a very long way to proving that.

Fans singing his name every single week loudly for the performances he puts on is only further supplementary evidence to how good a Left Back he is. It's got nothing to do with Newcastle fans being biased. HE IS THAT GOOD! HE IS THE BEST PERFORMING LEFT BACK IN THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON!

You don't have to believe it if you don't want to. But your assessment that he is a decent player for a team like Newcastle and nothing more is more than laughable and makes it clear that you have not seen him play enough this season.

Why bring up the Ben Arfa challenge? Are you trying to start an even more heated argument on purpose?

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

He's been linked in rubbish articles to both Bayern and Manure recently. No doubt bollocks, but it was interesting for me personally to see the opinions of both sets of fans:

http://www.bayernzone.com/transfers/1482-jose-enrique.html
http://www.redcafe.net/f7/jose-enrique-318013/

EDIT: Don't bring up the Ben Arfa challenge mate, this is a thread for Enrique. That is in the past and also unrelated to this thread.

Aye I know, I'll try stay on topic. Sorry, the guy threw the fishing line and I bit. Last I'll mention of it on this thread.

It's good to see what other fans think of Jose, and it is very nice to read all the praise from the Man Utd fans. At least SOME;) fans from Manchester know a quality player when they see one.

Thanks for the links!

B

blueduck

Aye I know, I'll try stay on topic. Sorry, the guy threw the fishing line and I bit. Last I'll mention of it on this thread.

It's good to see what other fans think of Jose, and it is very nice to read all the praise from the Man Utd fans. At least SOME;) fans from Manchester know a quality player when they see one.

Thanks for the links!

I wasn't fishing for anything, I was only joking, hence the smiley.

Baines is far better than Enrique.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
In terms of ability there are about 6 or 7 better left backs in the premier league.

But in terms of performance this season I don't think you can say there has been a left back who has performed better thab Jose Enrique.

If we sold Insua in the summer I'd certainly like us to make an offer for him. He can only get better.

Sewelly

I wasn't fishing for anything, I was only joking, hence the smiley.

Baines is far better than Enrique.

Going forward yes, defensively never in a million years.

The only players in the league I rate categorically higher are Evra and Cashley. However considering their ages I wouldn't swap in a hypothetical situation.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

I'm glad other fans can be objective and even admit that Jose Enrique is the best performing Left Back in the Premier League this season, and therefore the best in my opinion. Hopefully it will go some way to convincing Blueduck that he is more than just a decent player for a team like Newcastle.

I admit Baines is better going forward because he gets more goals, but it is not like Enrique has not come close to scoring this season. And Defensively there is not a better left Back than Jose Enrique and Newcastle fans would not swap him for anyone in the world.

iookram

If he left Newcastle, I'd like to see him join Spurs. Jose Enrique-Bale would be a devastating partnership.

Home of Barca Fans