Best Player In The World in 4-5 Years time?

Beast

The Observer
What about Michael Owen former Ballon d'ore winner? Keep hating.

Everyone knows it should have been Raul...
and what happened since than ? Raul went on to win more trophies and Owen can't even play 15 minutes

N

nutnut

The point with Owen was people going ':lol: England having a best player in the world' we've already had it.

Arn't players like Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Scholes, Rio, Terry, Ashley Cole, Rooney some of the best players in the world in their area of expertise? Too much English hate on here but as said keep hating.

English teams have been doing quite well in the Champions League recent years and are doing better than any other country this season (only country with 4 teams in the knockouts and only country with 4 teams actually in the last 16), people keep saying England should change adapt to other countrys, i disagree, from what i can see other countrys need to change and catch up to us.

Keep hating though.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
The point with Owen was people going ':lol: England having a best player in the world' we've already had it.

Arn't players like Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Scholes, Rio, Terry, Ashley Cole, Rooney some of the best players in the world in their area of expertise? Too much English hate on here but as said keep hating.

English teams have been doing quite well in the Champions League recent years and are doing better than any other country this season (only country with 4 teams in the knockouts and only country with 4 teams actually in the last 16), people keep saying England should change adapt to other countrys, i disagree, from what i can see other countrys need to change and catch up to us.

Keep hating though.

Catch up as in winning the Euro or the WC ?
oh wait you won none of the first and one some 45 years ago of the later .
or win WPOY like some of the names you mention ?
Gerrard - no
Lampard - no , excellent stamina and hard worker
Beckham - best crosser in the world till now
Scholes - what?
Rio - one of the best
Terry - def NO
Ashley Cole - best lb in the world
Rooney - a one season wonder

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes

Keep hating though.

Just to be clear - you are saying you actually believe Mickey Owen was the best player in the world in 2001?

tumblr_leftk562o31qf8yek.gif

N

nutnut

Catch up as in winning the Euro or the WC ?
oh wait you won none of the first and one some 45 years ago of the later .
or win WPOY like some of the names you mention ?
Gerrard - no
Lampard - no , excellent stamina and hard worker
Beckham - best crosser in the world till now
Scholes - what?
Rio - one of the best
Terry - def NO
Ashley Cole - best lb in the world
Rooney - a one season wonder

More WPOTY winners than Spain in the last 10 years anyway and English teams (with English players in) have done a lot better in Europe in the last 8 years than Spain. How times do you see English teams in semi-finals (even finals) and having to knock each other out because noone else can do it?

Barcelona are the only Special team outside England and if it wasn't for Barcelona Spain wouldn't be where they are today, Real Madrid haven't even made it past the last 16 since 2004 ffs and Valenica and Sevilla are lucky to even qualify for the Champions League never mind get out of the group stages.

Just to be clear - you are saying you actually believe Mickey Owen was the best player in the world in 2001?

No more than Messi was 2010.

Bergkamp10

Sorry but Lampard is a world class attacking midfielder. Just look at his stats since he joined Chelsea, unreal. It's because he's 'fat' and english that he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

jamrock

no its because he can't cut it when he really needs to and his lacking of certain critical traits needed to be a true WC attacking midfielder

Home of Barca Fans